Sign in to follow this  

Warrantee question

I just picked up my DRZ400SM yesterday. 🙂

The sales guy told me not to forget to bring her in for the 600mile service. I told him that I would be servicing the bike and he replied that if I didn't bring it in for the 600 mile service I would void the warrantee.

I've owned a few bikes in my time, serviced them all myself so I was a little caught off guard when he made that comment. 🙂 When I questioned him about it he insisted that the service had to be done at the dealer. Personally, I think he's full of crap. Any of you guys know for sure???

hes full of it and could have his sales license pulled for telling you that.

working on your own bike does not void your warranty.

....agreed...Sometime it makes you wonder how these guys stay in business....Do the work yourself...They are just going to charge you labor for a few simple things.

Read your warranty paperwork carefully. It will tell you exactly what the manufacturer allows. A customer of mine changed gearing on his TLR right after he bought the bike, and was well known for long wheelies pulling out of the dealership. He soon grenaded his tranny, and Suzuki would not cover it.

It would be in your favor if you did let them do it, as you would have documentation if, God and Suzuki forbid, something major did go wrong with it. But I dont believe regular maintenance such as oil changes etc, will void your warranty. A trained, skilled service tech can tell whether you have tinkered, abused, or done something harmful to the bike. It also wouldnt hurt to talk to the service manager and establish a relationship with them. They are usually the most honest, knowledgeable person to get the answers from. I've been out of the loop for a while, though. I am sure "burned" can give you a more accurate answer.

Thanks guys!

I figured as much but this is my first Suzi. so I wasn't sure if they had a different warrantee policy.

Burned, while I have your ear. Is there a link to info on your engine mods or is it a search the forum type of thing? I am definitely going to mod the crap out of this engine. 34RWHP just ain't gonna cut it. 🙂

Torked,

Thanks man 🙂

Dont mention it!

Enjoy your bike and stay tuned for all the latest and greatest info here on DRZTV!!!!!!! 🙂