Sign in to follow this  

Between Bishop And Mammoth

Any places to camp ride and do a little fishing from say Bishop to Mammoth? Need enough room for a 26' ToyHauler 🙂

i suggest the volcanic tableland....there are camping spots up there, good graded roads to get in and out with a trailer. then you can access the lake from the east side

There is an area north of Lake Crowley and south of Mammoth airport near Benton Crossing that you would be able to park your rig at. I'm not sure of the name of this area, but there are several hot springs here. There are trails to ride on in the area and if you want to fish, the Owens river is close by. Part of Countdown's Mammoth Dual Sport ride passed through this area. You can also cross the highway and head up to Convict lake of up to Laurel Lakes.

From the above area, you can also hit the glass mountains to the E. From any of these areas you can pretty much access anything between Bishop and Mono lake.....and beyond. Very easily.

the volcanic tableland, has a nice road to get a trailer back to, there no camping along the owens river below the pleasantvalley resevoir to right before 5 bridges, its hot up there! its was 101 4th weekend. but pleasant valley resevoir campground would be perfect for you!!!! a nice lil campground next the owens rivers, u can fish there but u cant keep em (trout atleast). bring lots of bug repelant mesquitos are big and thirsty this year. and its right between bishop and mammoth juest before the big grade. im pretty sure its pleasantvalley campground ill double check on my map tonight, if im wrong ill let ya know tonight.

the volcanic tableland, has a nice road to get a trailer back to, there no camping along the owens river below the pleasantvalley resevoir to right before 5 bridges, its hot up there! its was 101 4th weekend. but pleasant valley resevoir campground would be perfect for you!!!! a nice lil campground next the owens rivers, u can fish there but u cant keep em (trout atleast). bring lots of bug repelant mesquitos are big and thirsty this year. and its right between bishop and mammoth juest before the big grade. im pretty sure its pleasantvalley campground ill double check on my map tonight, if im wrong ill let ya know tonight.
your right its on the right of the 395 very nice area fairly close to milpond.And its real hot up there 102-107 for this week

:applause: