Sign in to follow this  

Anyone From the Lower NY Area???

Hi everyone,

Im new to thumper. Great website. Lots of good info. I wa curious as to how many of you (if any) are from the lower NY area??? I live in westchester and was wondering if anyone else is in the area...

George Patchoros

Hey George, I'm from Ramsey, NJ. Just on the other side of the Tap..

Are there any riding areas in Westchester?

Mike

Hey George - I live in Connecticut, but my family is in Northern Westchester - Peekskill area, and I go back frequently.

Hey George,

I live in Fairfield County in CT. And to all of you who replied, when are we getting together and do some riding ?. My bike is et up for dirt mostly, but will do some short road sections if needed. I can also truck my bike to whatever location we can ride.

Welcome George to the DRZ madness.

Cheerios

Nick,

I live 2 minutes from Peekskill, right in the center of Yorktown. I havent bought my bike yet, but its coming really soon. Let me know if you know of any trails in the area. As soon as I pick it up, i will be ready to roll!!!!

George

George,

I live in Mohegan. Unfortunately, I do not know of any "legal" places to ride that are local. I mostly ride in supermoto trim nowadays, but am open to a group ride.

Mike

George -

As morphosis111 stated - there really aren't any legal areas to ride in the area - I grew up in Verplanck, and we used to go on the Indian Point/Georgia Pacific (now LaFarge) properties - but since 9/11 that's a :eek: .

I'll ask around - We also used to go on the trails behind George's Island park in Montrose, but I think that's all state park now. Mount Beacon was fun, but we'd get chased off even way back in the 80's :applause: .

somehow i missed this, ha, i am right at north 9th and wythe in williamsburg bkln. i cked your garage and i am pretty sure i've seen your bike go by awhile back. i remember the yellow fender. where'd you order your wheels from? thinking of making the switch.

Guys,

I lived in Westchester for 11 years and then Greenwich for 4 years before moving out to Arizona last June. It is dirt bike heaven out here and I got into the sport within of month of moving here. Where can you ride in Weschester or Fairfield counties? Someday I'm gonna truck my bike back to NY and ride around Manhattan on my DRZ. Maybe do a little off-roading in Central Park!

There are some crazy supermoto roads (twists and turns) If you go up Bear mountain. Better yet sometimes when I go upstate (catskill region) Take roads like route 28 (exit 19 on the NY Thruway) and that will lead you to some of the sickest on-road fun. Too cold now though. F- That

As for "off-road" Theres not that many good places to ride anymore, unless you know people with private land. Most state parks dont allow off-roading correct? I hate Pataki. :applause:

Hi George,

I'm from Hartsdale.

I need to pull a Harry maneuver.

AZ, CO, any of those would be nice.

Hell No Thermals, carharts, and my trusty Acerbis multiplos i was good to go today

BTW Watertown..... Way Upstate :applause:

am I the only NYer that was out riding their drz today?

I was wishing I could but work wouldn't let me go today. I work in Middletown NY and live 20 minutes away in PA. My DRZ is hibernating and my KX250 is all apart!!! :applause:

Hell No Thermals, carharts, and my trusty Acerbis multiplos i was good to go today

BTW Watertown..... Way Upstate :applause:

I just threw on my Icon jacket and away I went, but I'm more southern than Watertown.