Sign in to follow this  

Learning suspension

I need some help. 🙂

I cannot figure out the darn suspension settings. I have searched and searched for answers and I cannot figure them out on my own. What are the clickers settings everyone is talking about?

If I were to beef up my suspension, would I get a new spring, or a whole new setup.

Probably my main question,I ride with my wife now and again, what do I need to get to have somewhat ridable suspension with her on the back, and then when she is not, have great settings for me. How I do I adjust to that??? Is that clicker settings everyone is talking about? I have the good ole' stock suspension and it is ok, a little bouncy for what I like. I would like to to get something better, but I have no CLUE what I need to do to get to that point. I have tried to go to rece-tech and I could not find answers there. I ave also searched the web for other wen sites, but can't seem to find any.

What should I do? 🙂

Thanks CER

Which year and bike do you have??? How much do you weigh? with and without your wife???

E/K/02+S have the same forks with settings on top and the bottom of the legs, 00&01 S only have one set of clickers.

All shocks are the same, well different spring rates but the shock has the same settings. High and low speed compression dampening is up top, blue nut is high speed (turn this one all of the way out if suspension is stock) and the little screw head inside it is for the low speed dampening. The rebound is found on the lower part of the shock and is also a screw head.

Which year and bike do you have??? How much do you weigh? with and without your wife???

E/K/02+S have the same forks with settings on top and the bottom of the legs, 00&01 S only have one set of clickers.

All shocks are the same, well different spring rates but the shock has the same settings. High and low speed compression dampening is up top, blue nut is high speed (turn this one all of the way out if suspension is stock) and the little screw head inside it is for the low speed dampening. The rebound is found on the lower part of the shock and is also a screw head.

Early DRZ "S" has no rebound adjustment on the rear.

Neil.

Really? Learn something new everyday then.