Sign in to follow this  

Washougal camping info needed.

I will be camping with my family for the Washougal National. No bikes this time around 🙂

I am just looking for hints as to what the camping area is like and the little things that some of you have learned over the years to watch out for.

Any info is appreciated.

We will be arriving Thursday, heading home on Monday.

youll get much better area if you come wednesday. Dont let them put you up on the hill (on your left as you drive in). Go past the small ticket house (or whatever they call it) and take an immediate left and go over the bridge. that will be your best chance of a decent spot. Get there very early, even before gates open and get in line.

Koden,

Appreciate the advice, but I simply cannot make it before Thursday. Most likely it will be late in the afternoon on Thursday at that.

Do they park all the RVs in the field by the factory pits, or is there another place? We have gone the last 3 years and stayed in a hotel, but thought this would be more enjoyable and easier with the whole family (3 kids).

Gary

If you've been there the last 3 years than you have already walked through the campground. The upper half of the parking lot is where most people camp and you pay $40 whether your there 1 or 3 days.

OK. I didn't know if there was some camping in the woods by the amateur starting gate or not. I have never actually walked to that side of the track.

I will make sure to bring some big blocks and a step ladder to get into the trailer :applause: I hope for a spot that is not too steep! :eek: