Sign in to follow this  

diy MCCT

Anyone ever make a MCCT of their own ? My 2001 S is still on it's ACCT but I'd like to take the safer route. To ship something to SA is a pain so I would like a local machine shop to make me one as I'm sure it would still work out cheaper and would be faster. I'd apreciate it if anyone could give me some measurements and tips. Apreciate it 🙂

PS I don't have a credit card (and don't want one), otherwise I would have just ordered one from Bitech.

Another TT'er was going to make his own MCCT, but I can't remember who.

I did give him all the dimensions, measured from my Bitech one, but as that is now in situ I can't measure it for you. Someone will remember who it was, sorry I can't help you.

Neil. 🙂

If you dont mant the MCCT, just order the one for the 03 - 05 model. The one you have has been discontinued because of high failure rate and not even available any more.

To try and make your present one safe, IMO it's not a good route to go or good idea.

PS I don't have a credit card (and don't want one), otherwise I would have just ordered one from Bitech.

Send him a check or money order. He'd just wait for it to clear.

I used to work in the aerospace industry (Boeing) and I've seen some really high end machined aluminum parts. Rui's work is top notch. You would be hard pressed to get a nicer one made at your local machine shop. Just my 2 cents.

Send him a check or money order. He'd just wait for it to clear.

I used to work in the aerospace industry (Boeing) and I've seen some really high end machined aluminum parts. Rui's work is top notch. You would be hard pressed to get a nicer one made at your local machine shop. Just my 2 cents.

I used to make parts for Boeing, when I worked for IPECO, mainly bits for the Aircrew seats i.e. bogie body's and claw plates.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y208/neilclay/ClawPlates.jpg

Neil. 🙂