Sign in to follow this  

How many have you recruited to offroading

How many people have you taught to ride or were generally responsible for them getting involved in the sport of offroad motorcycles.

I have an older xr80 that I keep around for teaching my children's friends and even some adults to ride. My wife and I did a count on all the people introduced to this sport on this little bike and we come up with about 12 people. Out of the 12, about 5 bikes have been purchased by friends and family who are completely into sport now.

I'm repsonsible for my dad riding. He rode road bikes back in the day (20 years ago) and I had been wanting a dirt bike. But of course he had to get his road bike first. So he got his Triumph, then I got my old XR100. Whenever he took me to ride my bike he was bored stiff cause he couldn't ride. In february he finally got a dirt bike.

My old xr100 has hooked probably two dozen kids and a few adults.

Two of my friends did not ride before. I let them ride my PW 80 and now there whole family rides and takes me riding.

That's why my son and I keep spare bikes around -- to use them for demo rides for kids and parents. We've probably given about a dozen demo rides, and a few of those resulted in people who have gotten into riding. And even if they didn't go on to do a lot of riding, they sure had a blast learning to ride and riding with my son and me on the trails. 🙂