Sign in to follow this  

anybody have a supermotoTT-R125

anybody have a supermotard TT-R125 and if you do id like to see some pics and how much does it cost 2 get the wheels tires and spokes?

You're looking at around $1000 to $1300 for wheels even before you add the larger brakes. That's a lot of pocket change to invest in a TTR125.

Instead how about a 90% solution? GO for some street'y tires that fit your present wheels. There's some good sticky options around. The humble Bridgestone Trail Wings are not a bad option for serious street stuff. And Pirelli Scorpions are also good and sticky. Michelin has the Anakee that sounds like it would be a good option. There's others as well.

I ran my DR350 with just the tires at a motard night and while I wasn't going to worrry anyone as far as being competitive I was surprised that I wasn't that much slower then them either. And given that I'm not the most aggresive rider out there the difference would have been even that much less with a better rider.

There's even a class for bikes like this at the races. It's called Sportsman or Sport Motard.

I run a Honda 150, but have several race buddies that run supermoto'd TTRs and they compete well in the mini moto class. My 17s + rubber cost about a grand (extra for the rains - it's the NW afterall) and sprokets and rotors would be extra. For this season, I've stayed with a stock rotor and have been ok with the same on the sprocket. Between the two, I'll change the sprocket first - the brakes haven't proven problematic, so they are secondary.

I run a Honda 150, but have several race buddies that run supermoto'd TTRs and they compete well in the mini moto class. My 17s + rubber cost about a grand (extra for the rains - it's the NW afterall) and sprockets and rotors would be extra. For this season, I've stayed with a stock rotor and have been ok with the same on the sprocket. Between the two, I'll change the sprocket first - the brakes haven't proven problematic, so they are secondary.

is backing it out hard on a motor and tranny on 2 a 4 stroks

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y197/want2race441/bikewallpaper.jpg

I laced the hoops myself. Cut the cost down to about $500 for wheels and tires (think used rubber). I bought a 125GP take off front slick and run a full size superbike front slick on the back (both Dunlops).

Brakes are more than enough for this bike. I just raced with a YSR club yesterday. The only thing to change is the brake line, steel braided for better feel. TTR's just aren't fast enough to need more. Bigger rotor is just heavier. Still run stock pads and I can lift the back wheel just fine.

If there was anyone track taking pics, I try and post a link.