Sign in to follow this  

bicycle speedometer !

what a deal these things are. talk about a value. 22 bucks at a bike shop and very easy to install. verified it with my gps and its right on the money. Perfect solution.

Speedometer

Nice looking bike spedo. I think I will give one a try on my KLX400R.

What brand is it? It looks like it has fairly large easy to see digits.

Got a veypor for my converted SM but thats a bit spendy when I really dont have to have anything too extravagent for my R. 🙂

and how does it work and install.how did you legal a kicker.??????

It has a magnet and a sensor. on mine i put the magnet on the front brake rotor and the sensor on the fork. piece of cake. the only problem I had was the wire going to the head unit wasnt long enough so i had to splice it.

To get the bike legal I put a tail/brake light that had to operate with the front and rear brake,horn,mirror and hi/lo heam head light. I went to the DMV and my local inspection guy before I bought the bike just to be sure I could make it happen before I got in to deep.

Nice looking bike spedo. I think I will give one a try on my KLX400R.

What brand is it? It looks like it has fairly large easy to see digits.

Got a veypor for my converted SM but thats a bit spendy when I really dont have to have anything too extravagent for my R. 🙂

It is a cateye brand but I think any of them work just as good. I went to the bike shop looking for a sigma brand but the cateye was all they carried. Very high quality piece. easy to set up also. all you have to do is enter in your wheel circumference in centimeters and your good to go.

I only draw back is the sensor wire. It's very small gauge and fragile. I got a year or two out of several I've used (sigma BC800). Also check the specs before you buy. Some only go to 60-80 mph.

I had a Sigma Sport BC800 on a SV650. I epoxied a 1/2 inch diameter round, flat magnet (robbed from a refrigerator magnet) to a front brake rotor bolt. Worked great and no problem with accuracy at any speed I could ride. Highly recommended.

P1100088%20(Small).JPG

P1100089%20(Small).JPG

I had a Sigma Sport BC800 on a SV650. I epoxied a 1/2 inch diameter round, flat magnet (robbed from a refrigerator magnet) to a front brake rotor bolt. Worked great and no problem with accuracy at any speed I could ride. Highly recommended.

P1100088%20(Small).JPG

P1100089%20(Small).JPG

that looks almost identical to the way i mounted my sensor.