Sign in to follow this  

Feeding electricity to a Garmin76s

'05 DR. Want to use a cigarette lighter receptacle mounted on bars. Is there a preferred point in the wiring that would be best to use or do most just go straight to the battery? I'm gonna have the seat, tank, and some other bits off tomorrow and thought I'd ask and see if anyone had any druthers. Upon an initial inspection, I can't find a distribution block or anything of the sort that I could just clip a connector to. Splicing doesn't bother me either but I would prefer the connector route.

i would run it from straight power {the batt} not switched power. just remember to turn it off at the end of the day.

I used a power distribution block and relay to power my cig lighter, GPS, and heated grips. It comes as a kit from electricalconnection.com. Kinda pricey at $44.95. but it took care of all my current and future electrical connections (six fuses available). It is connected directly to the battery but the power is then switched via a relay. So no need to wake up late at night and wonder if you left something on. I placed the distribution block behind the headlight cover so it's easy to run new devices. Hope this helps.

I used a power distribution block and relay to power my cig lighter, GPS, and heated grips. It comes as a kit from electricalconnection.com. Kinda pricey at $44.95. but it took care of all my current and future electrical connections (six fuses available). It is connected directly to the battery but the power is then switched via a relay. So no need to wake up late at night and wonder if you left something on. I placed the distribution block behind the headlight cover so it's easy to run new devices. Hope this helps.

Sure does and thanks. How did you mount up everything? Does a mounting solution come in the kit? I'll check out the website.

Added:

Checked it out and ordered several items. Damn, now I gotta wait till they get here! ;-)

Thanks again.