Sign in to follow this  

Gripe About No Mx Onoln And Email Them

Well There Are 24 Hours In A Friggin Day The Bike Guys GoT To Sleep Then We Could Have The Mx Hour Between The Dumbazz Fishing Jerks And The Rednecks On The Bulls

Or Just Give The Bulls Some Time Off And Do Mx

🙂:D:D:D🙂

I was speaking with someone that works for OLN, the VOD producer, and was informed the races will be in the VOD (video on demand) library by the fall. I know that doesn't do anything for us now but the main reason is the AMA events are not getting large ratings.

I asked about having the races in VOD shortly after the races but was informed it takes a while to have everthing formatted and loaded. I wish I had something better to relay. Until ratings for the events increase we will have to watch it when it airs or record the races with a DVR, VCR or whatever.

Junior

I'm not surprised their ratings are bad. Their schedule has been so screwed up who could follow it. They have had wrong listings, wrong times, races replaced with other shows. I have only caught one race and that was by accident! :applause: ESPN2 was worlds better!

Dances, you are correct. ESPN2 was better and I mentioned that as well.

Who knows, maybe with enough (positive) emails they will change the line up. As for the scheduling, not sure who is responsible for that. Let me see what I can find out.

Junior

Dances, when you mention wrong listings and times. Was that on the OLN website or the digital cable? If it's the cable, then that is the cable company entering the wrong info. If their website was wrong then that is on them.

As for airing the 125's on different days and times than the 250's, not sure how they came up with that. I know everyone says, "who wants to watch Bull Riding", apparently a lot of people as that is their number 1 program.

I was informed there will be more options in VOD for motorcycles later on in the year.

Junior

Well If They Listed It On The Right Time On Tv Guide And Played It When They Said They Would And Put It On At A Decent Time

Thursday At 4 Im At Work

And Half The Time Its Bs Listing And Not On Anyway

You guys are on crack.

No way was ESPN2 better.

Yes, we are getting hosed by the Tour de France right now, but at least it is not scrabble or rope jumping. And if you think for a second that if ESPN2 had the Tour and would not pre-empt MX you are just plain out of touch with reality.

Also, except for the very first race that was incorrectly listed as SuperMoto, the OLN schedule has been perfect, at least for me on the Dish Network. If it was scheduled to be shown, it was shown. I recorded them with my dish Tivo so I know they were on when they were supposed to be.

In closing, the OLN coverage, camera angles and commentary are also TONS better than the ESPN2 coverage ever was. I think since the SX season has been over for a while, you guys have forgotten just how truly crappy the ESPN2 scheduling and coverage really was.

Hokie, I was referring to the schedule and how quickly the races were shown when I said better. Also, I agree with you on the Tour de France, no matter what channel was airing it, everything else would be second.

As you stated, use Tivo, DVR's or what ever else you may have to watch the races. I ordered my DVR and I can't wait for it to come.

Agreed,

ESPN2 aired the races faster (when they did not pre-empt them) but that is the ONLY thing they did better.

Agreed,

ESPN2 aired the races faster (when they did not pre-empt them) but that is the ONLY thing they did better.

At the rate OLN is airing them now, it will be faster to wait till the season is over and buy it on DVD. Oh I definitely sent them an email.

I totally agree.

I cought the second 125 race by accident.

It was listed as supermotard 2004!!

I almost deleted it.

I also agree it should be two hours, 125 then 250. Then their ratings would go up.

Who could find it to watch it?

Luckily I have a tivo and I usually catch it.

We should all get together on a specified day and bombard them with positive oriented emails.

Pleading our cases.

The only thing I take my helmet off to them is they brought back David Baily commentating.

If you remember he was not there last year on ESPN.

He's like a fortune teller of racing.

He would say something about a situation, and a few laps later it would happen,

Got to meet him a few years ago at Broome Tioga.

Nice guy, and got his signature on my Jersey.

I'm not surprised their ratings are bad. Their schedule has been so screwed up who could follow it. They have had wrong listings, wrong times, races replaced with other shows. I have only caught one race and that was by accident! :applause: ESPN2 was worlds better!

There are some really wacky posts in this thread, but this is the only one that hits the nail on the head. Who the hell could follow them?

I lost track of when they were racing, where they were racing, and when what would be on OLN. They blew the season for me. I'm not even bothering to try to follow it. When I check my tivo and there is a race on I watch it.

Dances, when you mention wrong listings and times. Was that on the OLN website or the digital cable? If it's the cable, then that is the cable company entering the wrong info. If their website was wrong then that is on them.

Junior

99% of all the cable companies pay a service for the guide they use. 99.99% of the errors on the guides are due to last minute scheduling changes by the network or broadcast company.

Sorry, don't blame the cable company, blame OLN.

You guys are on crack.

No way was ESPN2 better.

ESPN2 was 100% better than OLN. Either the race was on or it wasn't, but it was most of the time. With OLN you never know what is coming on or when. I'd take ESPN2 anyday... There is no way to justify what OLN is doing to it.

ESPN2 was 100% better than OLN. Either the race was on or it wasn't, but it was most of the time. With OLN you never know what is coming on or when. I'd take ESPN2 anyday... There is no way to justify what OLN is doing to it.

My experience was the opposite.

After the first bad "SuperMoto" mis-listing, the races were on Saturday and Thursday the week after they were run, like clockwork. This is on dish network, the races were in the program guide and they were aired when they said they would be.

I never came home expecting to see a race only to get the World Series of Scrabble or some other crappy non-motorized "sport"

ESPN2 would list the race then change it to Rope Skipping or similar at leat 50% of the time.

The only time there was a break in the OLN action was when there was a break in the National Schedule, or when the Tour is being aired.