Sign in to follow this  

Front suspension

I recently changed my fork oil in my YZF. I put the same amount of oil that came out and my forks seem really harsh now. I had to come out 2 clicks on my clickers to get it close to what it was, but still harsh. I put in motul 5w synthetic. I don't have a height measuring tool which is why I measured the oil that I took out. The stock suspension is really great for me and I was wondering if there is anything I can do to get it back the same. 🙂

Any chance you got the fork legs out of alignment when you put them back on?

If they are, the right side will bind against the bushings as it travels since it isn't moving parallel to them.

Here's a quote from shockdoc on a previous post to explain how to remedy the situation:

"With your bike on a stand, take and loosen the 2 R/S axle pinch bolts. Next take a small straightblade screwdriver and carefully tap it into the slot between the bolts. Then you will be able to take and push and pull the bottom of the fork tube to where you can actually see it relax on its own with no pressure or binding. Carefully remove the screwdriver and re-tighten the bolts."

I would try this before looking any further.

Hope it helps.

🙂

If you have a tape measure you can measure you oil level.

Do what spode suggested first..make sure the fork isnt binding..if its not...you just need to reset your oil level. Youve just got it too high...