Sign in to follow this  

Main jet...too big or small????125

Alright, heres the problem. :D:D <<<I feel as if I am on the bottom.

When at almost full throttle, the bike kind of does a bog and goes low on power. Now, I know it is the main jet, but is it too large or too small? I think it is too large, but not positive. 🙂 Help is very appreciated. 🙂

im not much of a jetting person but it sounds like it is a little rich 🙂 but you could buy a smaller one check it out if its worse buy a larger one..sorry couldnt really answer the question but thats the best thing that i could think of 🙂

Why are you offering advice if you self admittedly dont know? You say its rich but advise to buy a smaller jet. Are you trying to rack up posts?

My advice is to drop in a 110 main and 17.5 pilot. You note the BBR airfilter and pipe so if the jetting is stock you are experiencing a lean bog.

I have the 20 pilot and 112.5 main in right now. The pilot is fine, starts great and no low end bog. I am thinking maybe I should back down to a 110 main.

Alright, thanks for the input. Thats what I thought, but had to make sure. Going riding in a few minutes. All I have to do now is change that jet! 🙂

It's really hard to explain the difference between a lean bog and a rich one...

The lean bog makes the bike just fall off at high rpm's like its starving for gas. The rich bog kind of smothers the engine and you see a little black smoke coming out of the exhaust.

Once you feel both of them you won't have any trouble knowing what you are feeling ever again.

From your list of mods, it does sound like you're probably rich on the main, but the only way to know for sure is to experiment with the jets...

Find it out easily by removing the right side panel and airbox cover so that you run with the filter wide open. If it runs fine, you are rich.

Our bike was rich with 112,5 main, went to 110. Pilot is 17,5. Snorkel only removed.

I just got back from riding with the 110 main and 20 pilot. It ran great after I changed back to the 110 main jet. Must be the hotter weather we have been getting 🙂

i've got a 117.5 main with no bogs whatsoever. I've got a unifilter and a 17.5 pilot and a powercore 4 and the big jet made a HUGE difference. you open it up all the way and the rear tire wants to pass the front on unstable ground. Your problem seems a little confusing to me...🙂

i've got a 117.5 main with no bogs whatsoever. I've got a unifilter and a 17.5 pilot and a powercore 4 and the big jet made a HUGE difference. you open it up all the way and the rear tire wants to pass the front on unstable ground. Your problem seems a little confusing to me...🙂

That is odd, but you are in Maine and probably closer to sea level. I am a higher altitude maybe. 🙂 A 117.5 with that little amount of mods is wierd, but it must be altitude differences :D

Why are you offering advice if you self admittedly dont know? You say its rich but advise to buy a smaller jet. Are you trying to rack up posts?

My advice is to drop in a 110 main and 17.5 pilot. You note the BBR airfilter and pipe so if the jetting is stock you are experiencing a lean bog.

advice being the key word dumb nut!!! i didnt demand him to do that i suggested it to him...then i said if that one made it worse to try a diffrent one.

You say its rich but advise to buy a smaller jet. Are you trying to rack up posts?

My advice is to drop in a 110 main and 17.5 pilot.

yeah you retard if its rich you drop down a size...and no im not just trying to rack up posts...o and for the record read what you said and then what your saying to me??? i said to drop a size, you i guess are saying im wrong and then you turn around and say the same frickin thing i said??? 🙂:D🙂

Hehe, jeez. I didnt mean to start and arguing thread. I fixed it. Dropped it back down to a 110 main. It runs great now. No problems. Except, now I have a flat tire from riding 🙂 I already got the tire off and found the hole. Luckily I had an extra tube laying around from a little while ago. Although the rubber thing around the rim that protects the tube from the spokes is ripped and I need to go get a new one from the dealer(only $1.50), and they have it in stock which aint too shabby. 🙂

i just get black tape or duct tape and wrap it up...works fine and dont have to go to the dealer to get it 🙂

Yeah, I already recieved that idea from my dad, but I figure I will just go and get the rubber thingy. I will be selling the bike soon, so nothing can be off :D I dont really like doing a half ass job on things. It has to be done right, although I did tear apart the top pf that airbox. It did not look professional at all when I did it, but I trimmed it up a bit. Even if it means spending the little bit of money I earn from work, I still do it right. 🙂 Dont really know if its a good thing or bad thing 🙂