Sign in to follow this  

Filters

I just put a pro circuit exaust on my TTR 125 and was looking at some of the filter options I seen BBR's for 70 bucks are there any other companies that makes a less restrictive filter set up at maybe a more reasonable price?? Does K&N or uni make a filter pod for it like they do the CRF 50???

Any help would be appreciated. 🙂

i think that you have to have the yz 80 carb on it to get the pods for it...k&n has a filter for it its like $50 and uni has theres for somewhere around $20-25

I would go with BBR, it is a great setup, and adds noticeable power. It is well worth the money 🙂

yea.. i did the airbox mod, bbr pipe, and bbr airfilter kit all at once and there was a HUGE difference.. there are other filters made for the bike.. but no other backingplates with a filter (i believe).. the bbr unit is very very unrestricive and it fills just about the entire airbox 🙂

OK I will go for the BBR set up then I just have a hard time shelling out that kind of cash for a filter.. I do plan on putting on the YZ carb in the near future.

Go to ebay and get the filter off their, its cheaper thatn BBR's website. This is info if you dont know it already... Search 'ttr 125' and it will come up with a bunch of stuff. Most is brand new! 🙂

And the YZ80 carb is worth the money, too 🙂

Yea I saw a YZ 80 carb on there the other day for 20 bucks it looked horrible though!! Missing the top and just in bad shape I am parting out my XR4oo to buy mparts for the TTR my buddy just sold me a nice Pro Circuit pipe for 75 bucks (he's a great guy) I plan on doing the YZ front end with maybe a YZ or BBR and works shock on the rear. Next up is getting the jetting spot on and getting the new filter cage.. Thanks a bunch for the help guys and if you know anyone needing XR400 parts send em to me!!

Yeah, keep looking at eBay for the carb. Sometimes, you can find some cheap sometimes. For your stock carb, get the 17.5/20 pilot jets and the 110/112.5 main jets. If you havent got some already. You will need them with the pipe and other mods you have/will have. 🙂

Thanks Fox I have a friend that used to be a mechanic for yamaha and he did a bunch of work on his TTR I am kinda copying him after he does something if it works I do it.. Cheaper that way

If I ride my TTR 250 in the desert only, can I remoive the airb box and install a direct mount K&N air filter?

thanks for any advice. I want to increase HP and reduce maintenance needs.

If I ride my TTR 250 in the desert only, can I remoive the airb box and install a direct mount K&N air filter?

thanks for any advice. I want to increase HP and reduce maintenance needs.

well if you get a k&n pod get a filter skin for it too...and more power hardly ever equals less maintenence!!! be sure to clean the pod all the time...the dustier the more it gets dirty.