Sign in to follow this  

cant get the lift so what size tires can i fit in stock trim

ok i got a 88 chevy 2500 4x4 and i was going to put the pro comp 4 inch lift but it turned out it wasent 500 bucks it was more like 1200 so F that idea. but i still want to put my wheels and tires on but what SIZE tires can i fit in stock trim WITHOUT cutting. i was thinking i could fit 33s on a 15 by 8 wheel

would i clear if i put 33s on it.

thanks guys.

I was going to guess 33"s but I really have no idea check out pavementsucks.com I'm sure those guys could tell you. Probably depenends on what wheels and backspacing you get.

yea i was going to join paymentsucks but its kinda hard when u dont have a working email right now.. those guys over there sure do no a lot tho.]

EDIT... nvm it worked i just ask them the ??

thanks for ur help.

The chart I got with an offroad mag says that the largest size tire that you can run with out rubbing is 32x11.50's. It says that you need to trim the fenders to clear 33's. Do you plan on wheeling it hard and pushing the suspension to maximum flex? If not then then you might be able to get away with 33's. If you run 33's and wheel it you will get tire modified fenders, and that looks worse than cutting fenders. Or buy some flares, ones that allow you to cut the openings bigger, so you can run 33's.

Well my brother has a 93 chevy z71 and he has 32's on it and he had to do some triming to get them to fit. Not sure if his has more clearance then your does or not.

It all depends on yhe offset of the wheel. If you put a wider wheel that sticks out farther then you are more likely to rub. Your truck came with 16" wheels, if you want to put a 15" wheel on you will probably have to grind the caliper to get it to clear. A 16x8 wheel would be a good fit with a 285x75R16 tire. This is just about the same size in diameter as a 33x12.5x15 but slightly narrower. IFS chevys look great with this size. You could also manage to fit a 305x70R16 with the correct offset wheel and a little torsion bar crank, but you must watch your CV angles closely.Check out this link on GM fullsize.com it should help you out. http://www.offroad-tech.com/tech/tb401/