Sign in to follow this  

Yoshimura slip on pipe does not fit my stock S header

I bought a Yoshimura RS-3 Stainless steel slip on pipe that fits an E and it is a larger diameter than by stock S header. Is the E header a larger Diameter pipe? Is there a spacer flange available from yoshi or is this pipe just not going to fit my S header? Do I need to buy the Yosi header pipe too. Please advise....

yes,the E head pipe is 3mm larger.

ive used the stock muffler gasket to do this although thats not the best solution.

Burned, Can I use the one out of my stock pipe. It is not loose and does not appear thi it will come out willingly. Are they availibe at my local dealer?

you can get them out but you will need to open up the muffler opening manually.

you dealer will be able to at least order one if not in stock.

Oh man, you should have spent a little longer searching the threads before buying an E slip on for your S!!

I bought a Yoshimura RS-3 Stainless steel slip on pipe that fits an E and it is a larger diameter than by stock S header. Is the E header a larger Diameter pipe? Is there a spacer flange available from yoshi or is this pipe just not going to fit my S header? Do I need to buy the Yosi header pipe too. Please advise....

You should use the spacer, either from your pipe, or a new one.

At a later date, or as funds allow order a front pipe, stock "E" or an after market one for more performance.

Neil.

🙂

There are no aftermarket head pipes to fit the yosh slip on, or at least none that have been reported here in the last few years.

maybe someone here has a used e model head pipe they can sell you. check e-bay too. couple people parting out e's. one stated to e mail him for needs i believe.

I have been looking this problem over top to bottom. This is probably not new information to some, but it seems to me that you can put a COMPLETE E pipe on an S or you can do significant modifications. I was told by several people that I could just put an E headpipe on my S for a mild performance improvement. Fortunately I searched the archives and did my own research. It is all or nothing. I like the quiet of the S pipe, but I just got a Yosh Ti pipe for performance. I will most likely use the quiet insert most of the time and maybe even replace the S pipe on the bike at times.

Ay up fellas, I have a yoshi RS3 mid section and muffler fitted to my 2001 DRZ400e (now supermoto). I can confirm the Stainless Steel FMF power bomb header pipe fits as I have it fitted to my bike. You need a new gasket/connector, make sure you get the e gasket and not the s as there is a considerable difference. I had two dealers telling me they are the same part number. They are not!

I would post some pics of my finished supermoto, however no where to upload photos to, any ideas??

regards, Scoot

You can either use photobucket or similiar host, start a garage here on TT and use that, or e-mail them to me and I'll host them. Let me know it you need to do the third option.

Ok. I am not going to be using this pipe after all. I am just going to purchase a new full yoshi system that will fit my S model. So, It looks like i have a Yoshi slip on RS-3 pipe for sale. It fits an E model. Any one interested?