Using a bike stand???

Ok I have a bike stand that looks like this:

||......|| (subtract the dots)

Meaning when there are 2 bars that are about 8" long and they are about that far apart if you could imagine it is about as wide as the bike maybe a little wider (the gap).

Ok anyway, the frame on my KX80 (I am gonna be working on this bike more so I need to stand it up and someone kindly gave us a bike stand) is like real curvy and it dont look like it would go well on the stand, and it dont... when its on it it wobbles and there is really no way to position it... what can I do? Thanks.

Uh it has 2 wheels and a motor, thats enough bike for me. Also I was kinda wondering about the skid plate thing... because i will take a pic of the bottom of the frame when I get my bike back...The frame is not flat in any place on the bottom though so that is why it doesnt sit on a flat surface good... it still wobbles around.

Uh it has 2 wheels and a motor, thats enough bike for me. Also I was kinda wondering about the skid plate thing... because i will take a pic of the bottom of the frame when I get my bike back...The frame is not flat in any place on the bottom though so that is why it doesnt sit on a flat surface good... it still wobbles around.

I know exactly what you mean. When my son moved up from the KX-65 to his KX-85, the 85 almost fell off the flat-top stand the first time I put it on. Weird. So I made a wood box stand (about 12"x12"x16"tall), and put two 2x4" rails on the top of the stand, spaced about 4" apart. Now I put the KX-85 on the stand with the round bottom frame member in the 4" slot, and the bike is real stable resting on the two outer 2x4" pieces. ?