Sign in to follow this  

Picking up a new 04 RMZ250 mistake?

I put a deposit on a New leftover RMZ250 for $4300.I am picking it up on thursday ..Am i making a mistake . I thought the price was good.Thanks

horrible mistake dont get the bike...... 🙂

come on now, this is a fourm devoted to this bike....

Youll be happy with it..

I am sick of this subject it has been posted hundreds of times.

It looks like crmx0312 is a fairly new member so give the guy a break!

He is asking an honest question and just wants an honest answer. Buying a new bike is a bike deal and most people just want to feel confident in their decision.

At $4300 I don't think you can go wrong. Just be sure to follow the posts on here about how to combat heat!

Although, if you keep your eyes open I have seen some lightly used 2005's going for the same price.

I have a 2005 KXF and am more than happy with it!

Oh and David411......if you don't like the subject then don't read the post....Very simple solution!!!!

Get your suspension sorted with suspension tech and maybe some attention to the valves before the problem starts and you will have one great bike. You will soon be a better and more confident rider doing things you never could before.

Personally, I would wait and spend the extra money on the 2006 models. I know if the 2006 Honda CRF250R isnt what im looking for then Kawi would be my next choice. The new bikes are lightyears more advanced that its 04-05 predecessors. Aluminum Frame, Dual Chamber Showa Forks and Showa Shock, High Compression Piston, Stiffer valve springs for better valve life, Renthal Bars, Wave brake rotors. Those are just some of the things on the 2006, and to me thats definately worth the extra money. If money is really an issue then the 2004 price sounds pretty good too me, but first thing you I would suggest is to buy a Pro-Circuit or a Boyseen Water Pump Cover so you can access your oil filter. Good luck deciding!

I dunno about light years away. Do you realize how much of a better rider you need to be to take advantage of all those new features? Of course it all helps, but it won't drop lap times by light years.

I just got a Leftover 2004 RMZ 250 and I ove the thing like crazy! I just sold my 2002 CR 125 to get it. I have only had one other 4 stroke and that was my first bike in 1985, DR100. Other wise I have had all 2 stroke 125's and a 250 two stroke. For comparison purposes I rode my brothers CRF230 and man what a difference! His bike is very "pokey" compared to my 250. Completeley different bikes, different purposes also....I guess. I don't race but trail ride and just have fun and this bike is aweasome! I have had it for about a month and can't speak of it's durability, but, it sure is nice. I think you will like the bike if you give it a chance. Good luck!