Sign in to follow this  

Leaking!!!

Hi, i have a 04 kx250f, one of my fork seals on one side started to leak the other day..should i get the fork seals done right away..or is this nothing big, should i just add oil..and if yes, how...i don't race or anything it's just for pleasure use. 🙂🙂

If it's not a serious leak, you may be able to fix it. I've never done it but I've heard this can be done by sliding a thin material like 35mm film under the leaking seal and clearing out the foreign material that is causing the leak. This only works if the seals haven't been damaged and are only leaking do to some small dirt/dust particles in the seal. It's worth a shot before spending a bunch of time or $$ to get the seal replaced.

buy a SEAL MATE, they grab the dirt and stop the leak, only about $3

made by MOTION PRO

I knew I'd seen something like that. I couldn't remember who made it though.

If it's not a serious leak, you may be able to fix it. I've never done it but I've heard this can be done by sliding a thin material like 35mm film under the leaking seal and clearing out the foreign material that is causing the leak. This only works if the seals haven't been damaged and are only leaking do to some small dirt/dust particles in the seal. It's worth a shot before spending a bunch of time or $$ to get the seal replaced.

yea that will work for a short time but you will eventually have to replace them. take that silver metal band off of the seal and stick a tear off in there and clean it out and it should stop. if not get them replaced.

If its not a bad leak you can fix it by using a 35mm film. Just slide it under the old seal and clear the dirt. If your lucky, it could be problem solved. I've done this and not had any more problems for another 6 months.

i would just put a fresh one in the bike!

i would just put a fresh one in the bike!

thank you i will try a few things and see what happens...peace