Sign in to follow this  

ATV Tires?

Anyone know what size tires these take? I'm too lazy to go look. Well that doesn't really matter. What are some good tires I rarely ride track I ride a little pavement not that much I ride a lot of trails with a lot of rocks and a fair amount of mud. I also ride in fields and on gravel a lot. I like Super Swamper Vampires but not sure they will fit for this quad and not sure I would want them as they probably would flip it backwards everytime I hit the gas. I like being able to slide the back around but my tires are leaking air. What do you guys like for tires?

Also anyone know how the GBC Dirt Devil Tires are? Are they ok for a sport quad or will I have problems with them wearing too fast or flipping backwards or something like that.

Razrs are good in trails and mud and last nearly forever. When you look at them they look like hardpack tires but trust me they are really good in soft, and my friend rides em on the road at least 40% of the time and he has had em for a couple years at least.

I really like the Dunlops that are on it now and a friend also has similar ones on his LT230 but RockymountainATV doesn't carry them anyone know where to get them?

Right now I'm thinking OEM style front Dunlops off eBay and GBC Dirt Devil rear tires anyone know anywhere that sells the Dunlops besides eBay?

My buddy just got a 89 lt250. Isnt the dirt devil tires something you put on a 4x4 atv. Or am I thinking of the wrong name.

Yes yes it is but I would like something like that that gets good traction in mud and stuff like that I'm not a huge fan of the look of the sport tires. The only fear I have is I won't be able to spin them around turns or with the back end slid out or it will just flip backwards everytime I hit the gas instead of it spinning. Basically I like doing the wheelies and having the speed of the sport quad but ride it in the terrain people usually use 4x4 quads. I do ride it like a sport quad though. So do you guys think these wouldn't be very good on a sport quad?

Could I still spin the rear end out and get it sideways on truns like I can now?

Stay clear of those tires then. When ever you try to slide, you will flip the thing. My brother did that on the blaster and we didnt even really have 4x4 tires on it. They were just really tall. Youre going to need the sport tires to slide with since on these racing ATVs you stear with the rear and not with the front. You know what I mean?

Ok how about the Dunlop 686's front http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/item.aspx?style=4737&department=647&division=6

These are for differnt quads but the only ones TT has in the size for my wheels from Dunlop and I think they should work.

Ok then the Dunlop KT765 rear tire http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/item.aspx?style=4746&department=647&division=6

How would that setup work? Would it be good on a sport quad?

Man I'm really liking these GBC Dirt Devils but you guys think it would flip over too easily instead of the rear sliding? http://www.rockymountainatv.com/Product_Details.atv?pid=00017513

Would the others slide around easily?