Need Help with Throttle Lag

On my sons' XR50 when you open the throttle quickly there is serious lag almost to the point of where the engine dies. Is this normal?

Does the jet need to be changed to a 60?

Any other advice?

He has a K&N,

stock jet 58,

needle clip on the middle ring,

air scew 1 1/2 turns out,

plug looks normal..

Thanks

yea thats pretty much normal. should mostly be when your in neutral. if your at sea level you could try a 60, 62 is prob too big since it sound liek you dont have exhaust. if you do change it you might want to change the clip back to stock since it will run richer with a 60.

well i had this problem once on my z50r and the problem was junk in the carb so dont go messin around with any electrical stuff get some carb cleaner they sell some really cheap stuff in a spray can up at advance auto parts and thats what i used. or the problem may also be that the engine needs to warm up a bit cuz thats how mine is

hope it helps

qwoke-q

a little stumble is normal especially when cold also when you get big bore. the reason is your carb doesnt have a exclerator pump like big bikes do so the carb has to rely on vacuum(i think thats how you spell it)which takes a second off idle.the solution is to roll the throttle on smothly once moving shouldnt be a problem. if it is gunk in carb or bad jetting