Sign in to follow this  

foresthill hard trail

i did the crazyest trail today. trail 6 at foresthill.

the trail is insane. steep cliffs, slipery riocks, no traction. you come around a corner and have to ride up what looked like a dry water fall! it was so technical. double black diamond. 15 miles took us about 2 hours, with 2 15min breakes at the bridges. it was fun.

anyone ever been there?

I've been wanting to hit it. I've only been up to foresthill once, but I am heading up again tomorrow, if I can talk anyone from our group into it, I will hit it. Sounds like my kind of trail, thanks for the report.

Loop 6 is famous. it's known here at TT as the "Canyon of Doom" or the Devil's Canyon.

http://images.snapfish.com/3443%3B9%3A323232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D384%3D%3B77%3DXROQDF%3E232359%3A474856ot1lsi

some men have gone down there and never returned. 🙂

did you run it clockwise or counterclockwise from the Double Balck diamond sign did you go left or right?

you mentioned the many rock staircases but forgot to mention the many world class 180 degree hair pin switchbacks. one of those is just below these rocks 🙂

http://images.snapfish.com/3443%3B9%3A323232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D384%3D%3B77%3DXROQDF%3E232359%3A48%3A%3A36ot1lsi

🙂 People have disappeared on that trail! Rumor has it........it's the Bermuda Triangle of dirt biking!

You'll never catch me on that trail! 🙂

i went clock wise, next time i will go counter, i think it will be harder counter clockwise!

im only 15 and my brother is 13 and he did it on an 85!!!!! the switchbacks were brutal

wow you're just 13 and 15. I bet that was an ADVENTURE! yes CC is the hard way.

im only 15 and my brother is 13 and he did it on an 85!

You guys are bigger men than Bob 🙂

ya i cleared almost everything on my 85, the smaller the wheelbase, the easier the switchback

im mx221s little bro

Got to hit loop 6 (clockwise) today. I must say that it is not as difficult as people would lead you to believe. It was a good trail with a few tricky sections but nothing that required a second thought. I would say that the switchback section at Georgetown is more difficult. Thanks to bigbob for the guide work with sharpie1 and I today.

i have done the switchbacks at george town, they are hard, mabye harder than trail 6, but trail 6 has a lot more of them. for me the ridges we rode were the most difficult

did any one see the broken down suzuki on the side of the trail, lol

:D Yeah,

That musta been the one from the guy who didn't return! 🙂

YOU went! And didn't die! No Way! 🙂

I have not done the GT zig zag switchbacks. Gxrsjason rode 6 today with us and he rode the GT switchbacks two weekw ago. he said the GT switchbacks are nastier and like 10 right in a row while the loop 6 switch backs have some distance and trail between them.

Loop 6 is not bad. We just like to make it sound bad. True it is a Double back diamond for a newbie, but for average experienced rider its just another trail with some narrow canyon walls , some switchbacks and some rocky climbs.

yeah, we saw the old bike there, and then upon further inspection found what appeared to be the skeleton of its owner, nearby 🙂

i tried to start it, but no kick starter!!

Hey mx221, I think my group passed you on 6 Saturday. We were going the opposite direction as you and you guys waited for my buddy to get up the rock section after the switchback. It was his fifth ride ever!! He was bitchen and moaning the whole way until he saw you guys on the 85's, then he sucked it up and finished strong. We were wondering how those little wheels handled the rocky sections, very impressive.

loop 6 is good fun. we used to do it on mtn bikes and thought it would be pretty intimidating on dirt bikes but for an experienced rider it's not too bad.

i got treated to guided tour of socal's Rincon trail saturday (near kennedy meadows). what a hoot. a little more challenging than loop 6.

mw

loop 6 is good fun. we used to do it on mtn bikes and thought it would be pretty intimidating on dirt bikes but for an experienced rider it's not too bad.

mw

It's funny you say that. My friend who just started riding has been mountain biking for years, on the trail he has no proplem at all with descending. The only trouble he had was with the technical uphill sections, thank god he has an electric start or he would have been pissed. We were all talking about how good that trail would have been on a mtb.

Hey mx221, I think my group passed you on 6 Saturday. We were going the opposite direction as you and you guys waited for my buddy to get up the rock section after the switchback. It was his fifth ride ever!! He was bitchen and moaning the whole way until he saw you guys on the 85's, then he sucked it up and finished strong. We were wondering how those little wheels handled the rocky sections, very impressive.[/QUO

hey, cool! how did u like the rest of the trail? on the way out, i was so tired, i lost control in a rock section, and my front wheel hit a tree dead on:thumbsup: that is awsome it was only his 5th ride. it took me about 5 years to muster up the courage to do that trail. what bike were you on, i was on the honda.

check out my garage, you will probably recognise me:thumbsup: