Sign in to follow this  

Teraflex just about beat me......

Putting a Teraflex on is tough, no doubt. But I would rather mount 10 than take one off :D That has got to be the toughest tire to break down I have ever met, including the old Metzlers. Took me over 30 min's to get it ready for a new tube and 5 min's to get it ready put on the bike 🙂 Anyone have any secrets to getting this monster off? I'm just talking about getting the bead down holding it there. 🙂 Any help will be noted for the next time :D

Thanks

You know what's funny? Where I was working on this, I have about 7-8 different sizes of clamps on the wall and didn't even think about that 🙂 Thanks, that would work just fine 🙂

Had an old honda 550 when I was much younger, one time the bead seized so bad that we took two boards and laid them on the tire on opposite sides and then drove our trucks on them. Didn't mess up the rim, any more than it already was that is.

Believe me, if I had a couple of 2x4's handy, my F350 4x4 Dually Crewcab was waiting 🙂 The first 15 min's was the proverbial monkey and football situation 🙂

Good old C clamps are the prefered method of taking the monster apart. They really are a bear. prairiedawg 🙂🙂

I did this too hen I was at home fixing my tire with a big nail in it.

But what do you guys do when in the woods?

I used dish soap and it seemed to slide real easy. The problem was with breaking the bead down into the groove, just a tough bugger to get there and stay while getting the irons in. I'm going to make up a couple of small wood or plastic blocks to jam in there for my tool pack, along with a couple of big zip ties 🙂 Can't figure a C clamp into the carry along tools 🙂