Sign in to follow this  

Please Enjoy Your Flight, And thanks for choosing Two Five O Airtravels.

Well, made it out to the track today. It was HOT. DAAAMMNN HOT. HOT LIKE FIYA! So after I got over the heat, I started working on whips again... I dont know If I got better or worse 🙂 I got some of them leaned over, but im on the wrong side of the bike :D:D

I am going to pay someone who can get flat to teach me to whip... maybe like $40 bucks. I need somone out there to tell me what I'm doing wrong each jump... 🙂

Here is about 20 pics. ENJOY.. Reply and tell me what you think.

Let's start it off with a blurry nac

IMG_0062.jpg

Look Back whip

IMG_0064.jpg

Airing it out... and not so blurry :D

IMG_0059.jpg

Whippage

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

Thats it....

Jay slash Kay, I have more...

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0092.jpg

A few stoppies

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

I felt so flat when I did this... then I see the pic and im hardly leaning over. :D

IMG_0091.jpg

I'm tired. Whips are so much harder then they look...

cool pics, when you whip, it helps to relax and throw your body and let the bike follo, just a thought. but lookin good, those nac nacs are look in awsome!

that looks pretty good but im guessing you want to get the bike flat and not just sideways right? I think the problem is just your body placement, your head should be over/infront of the handlebar(right side in your case). So whats happeneing is your bar input is twisting the bike instead of flattening it out. Think about your shoulders and feet. Part of the reason you want your weight on your right foot is to the bike will rotate. You want your weight over the bars so it will not only rotate but it will kick the rear out. Your upper body placement is very critical and at the middle of your whip your right arm should be completely straight out. Even if you dont use your foot to help you your upper body should still be off the side of the bike and over the front right handlebar. I remember seeing a link on this website somewhere awhile ago that had some really good videos on this subject, ill try to dig it up.

Jay slash Kay, I have more...

El OH El 🙂 Awesome pics.

I don't want to cause any trouble here so you can take what I say and do whatever you want with it but shouldn't you be more focused on going faster not whipping it. Even as Mike Metzger said, " any kid can go off of jump and do a trick, but most of them can't even take a corner right".

I don't want to cause any trouble here so you can take what I say and do whatever you want with it but shouldn't you be more focused on going faster not whipping it. Even as Mike Metzger said, " any kid can go off of jump and do a trick, but most of them can't even take a corner right".

and how does metz make a living? echo and dc dont sponsor him for going fast around corners, but anyway a whip is a very useful tool on the race track. Learning to whip is a great way to go faster. If you learn to scrub off a jump you can go the same distance without all the height and get back on the gas quicker. You can rev a bike all you want in the air but it wont make you go any faster. 🙂

Ya you are right, i guess im just not into the whole freestyle thing. Whips are cool and can help(avoid fallen riders) but i have seen countless people fall and get hur doing a whip for show off purposes.

Thanks for the replies... I still havn't rode since these pictures... I will ride the weekend after this comming one though, since I will be at a beach house until then :applause:

I know I dont have to lean over all the way on the face... I've seen vids where they arent leaned over on the face, but then all the sudden they get real flat... I try to throw my whole body down, but I guess I wasnt doing it right.. I'll make sure I weight the right peg, and totaly let off the left just to make sure I'm pushing with the right peg.

And no, I never ride with out a cam man, he's my dad.

Sweet whips, I know you want to improve, but still those are pretty sick right there as they are.

Nice 250 as well, I have like the Yamaha version of yours except with out black plastic. We both got Pro Circuit Platinum 2's, R-304 Shorty...ok well maybe we only have the same exhuast, but still.

Also, WAY off topic, but did you rejet with the pipe or no?

I think I need to go up on the main...

ANYWAY, back on topic.