Sign in to follow this  

Front Brake help

After completing in a very muddy motocross meet and finding my front brakes were a bit spongy, i checked the condition of the brake fluid and found the fluid was a black thick dirty soup!!!! i immediatly got my hose and bottle and bottle of brake fluid an began flushing the system. Now it took a good 4 Master Cylinders of fluid to get back to fresh fliuid but then after bleeding the air out (which took an additional 5 MC's worth of fluid) i did the bleed screw back up but couldnt build any pressure!!! so i bled and re bled it again and still the same problem. I left the bleed screw open and went to have some lunch and when i came back, fluid had all gone from the resivoir!!! This made me think that the MC piston seals were stuffed. To further prove this i removed the bleed hose and cracked the screw and pumped the lever and no "jet" of fluid came out....just a drip and a trickle. I removed the MC and removed the piston, finding a very small divit in the first U cup seal. Unsure this was the problem i cleaned everything out and put it back on butt still the same problem. Anything else im missing????

If you could be bothered reading this large post please help!!!!!!!

Also there are two seal kits avaialble...a 50313008200 and a 5031308300. which on do i need for a KTM 450 SX, 2004?

You just have air in the system. A lot of it. I'd suggest back bleeding the system from the bottom up. I have a how-to on that at the url at the bottom of this post that should help.