Dr.D Pipe on CRF150

Does anyone have or has anyone worked with one of these pipes on a CRF150? I just tried to put mine on, and I swear it doesn't fit right. There are three locations where you bolt it to the bike - at the engine, to the frame in the middle and at the tail end again to the frame of the bike. No matter where on the bike I bolt it first, I can only match up two of these points. So, at the moment I have the pipe and bike connected at the engine and the tail end only. ? What's up with this?

One more thing - assuming that I get this whole fit thing figured out, I'd also like to adjust the jetting. If you also typically ride your 150 at altitudes of 5500 to 8000 feet, how do you have the jetting set up?

Thanks!

I put a Dr D on my CRF150 about 2 weeks ago, it seems like the only problem that I had was the cylinder head exhaust gasket was compressed from the stock pipe, and leaked when I put the new pipe on, had to replace it. It had a very annoying exhaust "hiss" but the new gasket fixed it.

I installed by mounting everything on the bike loose, tighten the cylinder head mounting bolts first, then the mid-pipe mount next, and then the muffler mounts last. After riding for a while you while want to re-tighten the bolts again, the exhaust gasket at the cylinder head seems to compress after getting hot and gets a little bit loose again.

The Dr D Pipe is the same diameter (i.e. smaller than most after-market) as the stock pipe, which good for the smaller 150cc engine. It seems to respond a bit better than the larger POWROLL header pipe and muffler that was installed before. It is also a bit louder, but not a lot, no more than typical MX mufflers, i.e., about the same as a Big Gun, 2 Bros, or White Bros.

The stainless-steel header pipe turns a slight brown-purple hue after running hard for a while from the exhaust heat, which looks cool. If you want to take the time, you can polish the head pipe before you install it with some "Simichrome" metal polish, gives a chrome appearance, but still turns colors after using. Maybe not quite as cool as a KTM, but still cool.

As far as the carb jetting, I have a 26mm Mikuni carb rather than the stock one, so I am not sure of the exact settings that work for the stock carburetor. Try this for starters, the standard "power-up" settings should be close, may need to up one main jet and fiddle with the needle clip a bit

Stock CRF150F Main Jet:

#098 Honda Part# 99113-GHB-0980

Replace w/

Main Jet:

#115 Honda Part# 99113-BHG-1150 <<< Start Here <<<<

#118 Honda Part# 99113-BHG-1180

#120 Honda Part# 99113-BHG-1200

Needle Jet: Part #16012-KPT-921

Good Luck,

Lazyracer

'2005 Honda CRF150-F

'2004 Honda CRF230-F

'2005 Suzuki DRZ400-S

'2003 Buell XB9S

'1983 Honda VT500FT Ascot

I put a Dr D on my CRF150 about 2 weeks ago, it seems like the only problem that I had was the cylinder head exhaust gasket was compressed from the stock pipe, and leaked when I put the new pipe on, had to replace it. It had a very annoying exhaust "hiss" but the new gasket fixed it.

I found this picture online . . .

http://www.bugcity.com/products/images/111251261B.jpg

The site has it listed as an "Exhaust Gasket, Cylinder Head, 46-79", but I'm not sure if it's what you're referring to. It looks like the ring that hangs around the neck of the pipe and that is used to bolt the pipe to the cylinder head. Is that right, or are you referring to a different part? It sounds as if the you're talking about a part that stays on the bike when you replace the stock pipe with the Dr.D, because you say that it leaks with the new pipe.

I installed by mounting everything on the bike loose, tighten the cylinder head mounting bolts first, then the mid-pipe mount next, and then the muffler mounts last.

Also, when I mount the pipe to the cylinder head first, then the middle, I can't bolt the muffler to the bike because it's hanging several inches below where it's supposed to connect to the frame of the bike. Argh!!! Did you have this problem too?

One more thing - assuming that I get this whole fit thing figured out, I'd also like to adjust the jetting. If you also typically ride your 150 at altitudes of 5500 to 8000 feet, how do you have the jetting set up?
I ride at altitudes between 3500-6500, although I have been to one peak that's 7500 a few times. My setup is 112 main, 42 pilot, stock needle, clip in 4th position. Try a 110 main and see how your plug looks.

Cheers, :applause:

Well the pipe hasn't been out that long for the 150's. When 2WHLTUNER got the one for our bike, it didn't match up either with the mounting holes! He had to take it back and have it fixed! So don't feel bad, it had nothing to do with the gasket. PM 2WHLTUNER he will tell ya! If you were to go to the garage and look up the bike you will see a picture of the bike with the pipe. Good luck, and you might want to hit them back up and ask Dubach before you go spending more money!

Why would you spend so much money on this bike?

Why not... are you saying that because it's a trail bike?...You know not everyone has the same budget and just cuz we ride 150s don't mean we can't mod them!

I not trying to be mean just trying to get my point across!OK!