Sign in to follow this  

CRF50 or Thumpstar 125cc pro Elite

where do you get them from 🙂 i live in north queensland near townsville 🙂

that address gp199 gave should be good 4 you, other wise i dont know, as i live in adel.

I'm really interested in getting one of those also. Is there a place in So California that sells them? About how much do they go for?

I'm really interested in getting one of those also. Is there a place in So California that sells them? About how much do they go for?

I believe that they ship to your door.... and what part of so cal do you live in?

I live in La Verne. Off the 210 fwy. By the LA/Sanberdo county border.

Scroll down a few topics to the one that says "Thumpstar 125 pro elite" and look there. I posted about a place I found in Orange County that's $500 cheaper than everybody else on the 125 pro elite... but if you get one and save yourself the $500 then you have to let me ride it. 🙂

The pro elite looks like a sweet bike. If it is only 2100 like you say that is definitely the best bang for your buck. I'm not going to be using it for jumps. Just playing around the campground when I am not riding the 525. Is there any routine maintenance that should be done?

Ratz Racing has these in Ventura, they also have the upc pro, and today they told me that the new upc pro now comes with the Elka rear shock.

That shock is a big improvment over the one one the ThumpStar and the UPC.

One of the owners at Ratz told me that the forks on the pro are not any better than the reg. 125 forks. ???

THEY take one of the 125 pro's to the piru track every wed. and have not had any problems as of yet.

Ive seen both those bikes up close and the mojo doesnt compare with the thumpstar for quality, but it is almost $1000 bucks cheaper and for that price its pretty nice.

Ive usually stood by the Thumpstar 125cc as the best out there bar non, but a mate of mine has had his for 5 months, it is awsome to ride, but hes had engine probs and now is experiencing front suspension issues prematurerly for a $4000 bike.

You cant beat it for performance, but is its durability really as good as claimed. Ide be interested to hear who else has had any problems.

my engine is fine, just had brand new transmission installed for free from thumpstar, gets rid of the 'cant find netural' problem, also having stiffer springs put in front shocks at the moment and one of the seals was leaking so that got fixed aswell, other than that my bike is still going hard after 3months

I have a UPC pro 125 with a 140cc piston, Takegawa twin spark head, 28mm carb, Ti-force exhaust, inner rotor and custom ground cam and it is a badass machine. I'm going to put it on the dyno soon. Its gotta be around 20hp. The power feels like my 450 :applause:

I think thats the big diff between thumpstar SDG and the reputable high price brands. They seem to be overcharging, but they are charging premium prices to be able to provide back-up service, stock spare parts and provide a warranty.

In www.pocket-bike-racing.com.au No Fear your mate gazza had a faulty fuel cap on a one day old bike. The importer responded with an email saying " they are not in the business of giving away free fuel caps".

I guess you have to weigh up whether you want to pay up front in case something goes wrong or whether you will pay later when or if it breaks.

In www.pocket-bike-racing.com.au No Fear your mate gazza had a faulty fuel cap on a one day old bike. The importer responded with an email saying " they are not in the business of giving away free fuel caps".

u seen his bike tho, very cheasy, they dont make more parts than they need, one fuel cap for each bike etc etc, i'd rather pay for something with a name least you know it's going to be pretty good quality and there will be parts for it later on down the track.

One of the bearings in my motor shattered near the kickstart shaft. I called UPC and described what happened and they said to send the whole motor to them. I sent it back an had a new motor shipped to me the same day. I'd say thats damn good service. Even Honda wouldn't do that.