Sign in to follow this  

2002 Rm250

i heard the 03' and under have a jetting glitch which means the slide needs to be cut, it doesnt really hurt it, but the bike always runs rich

i rode an 02', the motor is good and the bike, overall, feels really light

Its a good bike, no real "problems"

jetting glitch (not a glich if you know how to rejet)

clutch (crappy basket, can be fixed if you want)

they are a very sound bike

Thanks, I was pretty unsure about getting one because of its problems here and there. If i get the bike i might pick up a hinson basket.

I had one. Good bike. FAST!!! Good handling, too. Wait until you actually need a basket before you buy one though.

I have an 02 with not much problems. You will have to replace the clutch basket. I bought an stormin norman clutch basket. They have stainless inserts that will wear out and when they do you can just install new ones real easy. They wear out first and saves your clutch basket. I didn't have any issue's with the jetting. I did have a little problem with the powervalve assem but nothing major. Thats a pretty good year...

there is no jetting problem...its called JETTING it needs to be changed on any bike!

come on people! haha

there is no jetting problem...its called JETTING it needs to be changed on any bike!

come on people! haha

It is a problem, it can't be fixed without purchasing a new slide, which are expensive and impractical to change

The only way to do it is to cut it

MXA said the only biks that needed this were the 03 rm250 and one other bike, but it may apply to the 02..

my rm125 runs alittle rich but so far im likin the power 🙂

If you know how to jet well...its not a problem. MXA...we'll I'm just going to say they are not the sharpest tool's in the shed (they only talk about where they live so people get the idea that the same settings MXA runs is what they should run).

My bike it spot on with the stoke slide. Depending on where you live, the slide may or may not need to be replaced. They put in a leaner slide but its not needed.

My bike is jetted dead on (03rm 250) stock slide...

A new slide is $99. But you don't need to change it. One reason the suzuki can run rich at high RPM is the TPS (throttle position sensor). Its best to just unplug it. It will bump up your topend power, and make jetting easier. Same goes for any 2-stroke with a TPS.