Sign in to follow this  

Anyone here use the "Flak Jacket" by rockgardn??

I read a product test on it and it sounds good, looks good too. Just wondering if any of you guys have tried it. Thanks.

Yes I like mine. It is hot if you are not moving though. Takes 3 minutes to get the jacket, boots, kneepads, gloves and helmet on. Get the next size bigger than the sizing charts on the website says.

I read a product test on it and it sounds good, looks good too. Just wondering if any of you guys have tried it. Thanks.

I'll second what RLWalden says....it's very cool while you're moving, but when you stop it heats up quickly unless there's a nice breeze blowing. The key is to keep riding all day long!! 🙂

Also agree with the sizing thing....they are definitely on the small size. However, even though mine fits quite tightly, I don't notice a thing while I'm riding.

I've been using mine for 7 months and won't ride without it. I've crashed heavily several times in very rocky terrain and only came up with one bruise....and that was on my butt where the Flak Jacket doesn't cover.

Buy one....it's worth every penny.

Cheers,

Mac

Thanks. I'm 6' 190 lbs. 32" waist. I was going to get the L/XL....should I get the 2XL/3XL then?

Call them about the sizing, after i gave them measurements they sent me a 2/3xl and its still snug. I am 5-11 215lbs. I also had to remove some of the spine protection as it pushed my pants down, otherwise happy with it.

Great product. Everybody pretty much covered the important points.

It's a PIA to wash, but a big bucket (or the bathroom tub) with a little water and laundry soap in it works pretty good. Scrub it all over with a soft-bristle brush, rinse it out thoroughly, then hang it up somewhere to drip dry, and it's good to go again.

I'm 6'2" and currently ~225lbs with a 36" waist, and the 2xl/3xl barely fits me.

I found that if I don't wear a t-shirt under it (meaning, I wear it directly against my skin), it's a lot cooler that way.

I wear it under my jersey (see my garage pics), and it gives me that mildly "pumped up" look that all of the hot, horny dirt-biker chicks out here seem to crave... :applause: