Sign in to follow this  

Honda CRF450X gearbox seizes at 20kms/9miles TWICE

I was reading one of our local mags who received a CRF450X for a bike test and the box seized after 20kms, they got another CRF450X and it too seized after a short ride, the parts that failed have been sent back to Japan for evaluation and they are still waiting for a response.

Anyone else heard of this problem with the new CRF's or is it just a weird coincidence 🙂

I'll try, but I'm no computer nerd you will have to give me step by step instructions.

Honda Australia won't be too happy that got to print.....

Chris you can check it out in "sidetrack" mag, june/july page 7.

there has been some posts on here about x transmission siezures(spelling?) one of them had his lockup twice and the second time the dealer said he was riding in high gear to long so i think there are some bikes that got produced wit tolerance problems in the transmission. i have a 450x and have had no issues

Unfamiliar with the mag here in the states, and cant find web site. What is the site address? Would be appreciated.

This Tranny Issue is B.S. :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Not One Post has been able to give out a Dealer name / Phone number anything just BLA BLA BLA ...................... :banana::banana::banana:

Can wait to see the Magical Magazine Article... LOL :D😉

Anbody have a name and number we can CALL, to verify this Tranny issue come on just type the Dealer name and phone number - and post it !!!!

Bunch of JOKERS.............. 🙂🙂:D:D

:D:D:D:worthy::D😉

This Tranny Issue is B.S. :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Not One Post has been able to give out a Dealer name / Phone number anything just BLA BLA BLA ...................... :banana::banana::banana:

Anbody have a name and number we can CALL, to verify this Tranny issue come on just type the Dealer name and phone number - and post it !!!!

looks like someone has struck a sore spot on this fellow.

me thinks thou doth protest too much.

PM me and I'll give you blokes mobile number

Unfamiliar with the mag here in the states, and cant find web site. What is the site address? Would be appreciated.

Its a small indepenant publisher and they don't have a web site, I'm not hasseling Honda or Honda riders I think they are probably the best looking bike on the market today, but sharing info on bikes weather it be good or bad is good for everyone involved, If any of you guys want more info PM me and I will give it to you. 🙂

Post the phone number and a name ...

If your going to make a statement to the "World" then back it up......

I need no Virus.... 😛😛😛😛😛😛🙂

Post the Magic 2 Tranny Braking - Phone Number and a Name.....

What the Magazines phone number is a Big Secret - give us a break.....

:applause::eek:

Why would he casually make up problems with the CRF450X? He is looking for information on a bike from his peers who may have or may have not experienced the same problems. TrackAdaptor, pull the broomstick out of your ass, help the guy out along with the rest of Honda riders, and for the love of God, stop being such a belligerent ass.

I hate flaming people, but when someone asks for help, you act as if he is attacking you. No need man, breath and then have a beer, and repeat until mellow.

Jake28,

1.) He's not looking for help.. I feel confident he is VIRUS

2.) Broom stick , I soon beat you over the head with one , you live near San

Jose, Ca. - I'll be at Hollister, Ca. from July 14 - 18 preping for a GNCC

race.. Bring the biggest damn stick you have....

Can't miss my trailer states "Team SandBag" 37z :applause:

Gave up drinking when my daughter was born 7 years ago... :eek:

Hope sombody cleans this web site up before Mother Honda Shuts it down...

🙂😛😛😛😛

i have has that problem with my 05 crf450r. 5th gear welded to the shaft on the 3rd ride. :applause:

:eek:🙂😛😛😛😛😛😛:mad::snore::snore:

This Tranny Issue is B.S. :snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore:

Not One Post has been able to give out a Dealer name / Phone number anything just BLA BLA BLA ...................... :snore::snore::snore:

Can wait to see the Magical Magazine Article... LOL :snore::snore:

Bunch of JOKERS.............. :applause::eek:🙂😛

😛😛😛😛😛:mad:

Think what you want but it is not BS, there are certain Honda 450's that have developed tranny problems as described. It is not a epidemic of failures but there are some problems.

I personally talked to a dealer I know in Nebraska and he knows of a 450X that has had tranny issues, the same machine another member in Nebraska posted about a few weeks back, See Transmission Locked Up, 450X. There was also a member in Colorado who posted about having the same problem in that thread.