Stickers....Trick or Cheese?

I love the look of the factory bikes, and as an old BMX dude, I plastered stickers everywhere. Maybe I'm giving this too much thought, but I'm hesitant to plaster my ride with free advertising as much as I like the look. I'm not talking about graphic kits, just product stickies. Oh trust me...I'm not good enough for anybody to pay me to run their stickers, but for those who are not sponsored, what's the motive for the wall paper?

I didn't what to start some gay poll, but thought it would be interesting discussion. My bet is those under 30 would go for the sticker bling, those over probably go for a "cleaner" look.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they're installed tastefully, stickers look cool.

There's a lot of difference between a few stickers evenly applied on the rear fender and a couple different No Fear stickers crooked on bare radiator shrouds.

I'm over 30 and also an old school bmx guy!

the only stickers are (where really) Eibach's on the rear fender of the XR and stock on the radiator shrouds.

The eibachs didn't stick so now I'm left with a really ugly patch on both sides of the rear.

no more decals ever.

and since you're looking for age, over 20, under 25.

im 17 and i have out them on my bike mainly cause my friend has the same bike. makes it easier to tell the 2 a part. plus they help keep plastic and metal free of scratches. these are the only parts of my bike with stickers...

rear fender to sport the stuff ive bought and the dealership sticker cause they hooked me up with a great deal on my bike...

IM000176.jpg

dealership stickers for the hook up and amsoil cause my uncle is a dealer...

IM000175.jpg

DC stickers to help protect the airbox, scott goggles are the best, and yet again dealer stickers for the great hook up plus to help protect the metal...

IM000177.jpg

yea.. im not into the whole 120$ graphic sets or 20 dollar packs or stickers.. my brothers ttr has some bbr stickers but thats because you get free stickers with their products. he dosn't have too many stickers though. my yz125 has only the stock graphics ?

I'm not into the plastered look. It makes the bike look to cluttered. But if I use a product and it comes with a sticker, I'll put it on my air box. I keep it simple and tastefull. If done right, stickers can be a good look. It's a way to personalize your bike. If done wrong, they look gay. They are definately a better look for MXers than off road guys. Graphics kits can be ok too, but some can be a bit over the top. I'll only buy graphics if the OEM decals are trashed. I'm 30, so maybe I'm transitioning from stickers to no stickers. ?

when i bought my bike(used) it had stickers on the rear fender and on the backgrounds and i took em all off and it made it look sooo much better, it made it look like a newer bike, it had stock graphic and i jus peeled em off and i think it looks awsome....all yellow with plain black backgrounds looks sick

im 17 and i have out them on my bike mainly cause my friend has the same bike. makes it easier to tell the 2 a part. plus they help keep plastic and metal free of scratches. these are the only parts of my bike with stickers...

rear fender to sport the stuff ive bought and the dealership sticker cause they hooked me up with a great deal on my bike...

IM000176.jpg

dealership stickers for the hook up and amsoil cause my uncle is a dealer...

IM000175.jpg

DC stickers to help protect the airbox, scott goggles are the best, and yet again dealer stickers for the great hook up plus to help protect the metal...

IM000177.jpg

Tastefully done. Good looking 230 bro. ?