Sign in to follow this  

"Grey Wire" cut on TTR125 like the WR250 ???

Hi,

Just got a clean 03 TTR125LE for my wife. I have a WR250 F and did the throttle stop and "grey wire" snip.

Is there a similar wire snip for the 03 TTR125LE ??? That's basically free power, which is why I ask.

Thanks,

Barry

no grey wires here... but there are 2 free mods, cut the top off the airbox and remove the baffle out of the exhaust. thats all you got coming free on this bike and honestly the improvements arent very great. if you really want to see power increases youll be spending some money

What he said 🙂 , is basically it. There are plenty mods that you can do spending money, it gets addicting after a while. It sure makes the bike fun though :D🙂

Nah - not chopping into the little TTR. It's the wife's bike, wanna' keep it docile. But hey, if there was some free power in there like the WR, that's amazing. We did the throttle stop, airbox, and cut the grey wire. Was like a totally different bike. If there were such no brainer mods for the wee TTR I'd be on them.

Thanks for the info...

Barry

That'd be nice if we had hidden power in the TTR. THere might be, somebody needs to experiment 🙂 :)

Hey foxmoto can you pm a pic of your bike. I just wanna see what it looks like with all the mods.

You only need to cut the grey wire if you use the wr250 cdi on the ttr125!

They work very nicely....................................... :applause:

You only need to cut the grey wire if you use the wr250 cdi on the ttr125!

They work very nicely....................................... :eek:

Are you being serious? Or messing around? :applause:

Not trying to hijack this thread but what kind of response have you all had with a simple gear change? Maybe combined with the formentioned airbox/pipe mod? Yamaha356 will know in a couple of days. The Yami shop is trying to sell a bigger rear sprocket. He popped for a bigger FRONT sprocket. Heh Heh Heh.

Very serious. I'm not one to stuff around. Check out my 4 minis. Its not a mod for a stocker TTR. It adds 3,000 rpm to top end and is reliable on a modified bike.

where could I geta Wr250 cdi, that sounds like a awesome idea, so all u do is cut the grey wire on a WR250F cdi and it adds 3000 rpms? What year should we use, is it hard to install, what are your thoughts about it? thanks

To Crazy Johnny...I think it just fits right on. I am not sure what year, but go to his website...he has a lot of mods and I am not sure your bike would handle it all that well, but I then again I am not sure what 'all the goodies' is :applause:

where could I geta Wr250 cdi, that sounds like a awesome idea, so all u do is cut the grey wire on a WR250F cdi and it adds 3000 rpms? What year should we use, is it hard to install, what are your thoughts about it? thanks

CJ125 its a bit more comlex than that but its relatively a simple cutting and joining but I only know how to do it with a WR one at the moment.

I have found somebody that will try a YZ one so stay tuned.

The old website is a bit out of date these days as we lost our mini 4 stroke racing class down here I should update and fill in the gaps in the mods.........

Its been a 5 year trip fiddling with them.

i don't understand why all these people with playbike 4 strokes want to get more rpms out of their bikes. after like 8000 rpm they completely drop off anyways :applause:

With the right mods you can deliver more power for longer. The CDI adds a bit of power but allows it to make it for a lot longer which translates to a lot faster bike. Most ignitions retard to stop the motor "overreving", take that away and add modifications to increase flow and you have a fast motor.

Not trying to hijack this thread but what kind of response have you all had with a simple gear change? Maybe combined with the formentioned airbox/pipe mod? Yamaha356 will know in a couple of days. The Yami shop is trying to sell a bigger rear sprocket. He popped for a bigger FRONT sprocket. Heh Heh Heh.

The sprockets and chain are still sitting here on my computer desk :eek:.

Maybe if I get some time I might put them on. Depends on what we have to do tomorrow.Are you planning on putting that wall in? If so then looks like I can't work on my ttr :applause:. Hows this. You put the wall in by yourself and I'll change the oil in your truck. Then maybe I'll put the sprockets and chain on.I'm tired of building walls. I can knock a few more out though 🙂.I wanna work on something with a motor. 😛

The sprockets and chain are still sitting here on my computer desk 🙂.

Maybe if I get some time I might put them on. Depends on what we have to do tomorrow.Are you planning on putting that wall in? If so then looks like I can't work on my ttr :eek:. Hows this. You put the wall in by yourself and I'll change the oil in your truck. Then maybe I'll put the sprockets and chain on.I'm tired of building walls. I can knock a few more out though 😛.I wanna work on something with a motor. 😛

You are treating your dad too good offering him to change the oil in his truck. Thats not the way it is suposed to be :applause:

O well it needs changed he doesn't have time to do and and he says it's "my job" to do it.Soooo I need to have "responsibility" and do it :applause:.

O well it needs changed he doesn't have time to do and and he says it's "my job" to do it.Soooo I need to have "responsibility" and do it :eek:.

I see how it is...haha :applause: