Sign in to follow this  

Interesting thread in Yamaha FZ1 forum...

Yeah, yeah, yeah...we've been over this. I could give a rat's ass what they think in a Yamaha forum as well as I could give a rat's ass about what anyone runs for oil in their bike. 🙂 Use what you want. Burned showed images of a tranny that had been subject to Mobil 1...not the first time he's seen it. I don't care 🙂 Please quit trying to stir another negative oil debate. It always goes the same way. Negative... :D

well having just bought a KTM and now reading KTM talk I can say that there is NO other forum with the strength and diversity and camaraderie of the TT drz forum applause: we laugh argue and cry with genuine concern for our fellow DRZ-ers something i have not "felt" on other forums..ANYWAY

burned has helped me on numerous occasions and never been "wrong"

the interesting part of reading their replies is that they say blah blah blah oil "has never been a problem" but NONE of them mention splitting cases installing pistons etc on a DAILY basis. so how do they know anything at all?

anyway i am mad and rambling

my 2 cents..

I'll take this one burned just bring your blown up bikes to excel on Colfax in Denver Eddie will gladly make a fortune rebuilding your pos Yamahaha. pdawg 🙂

until oil analysis on various brands, bikes, are done, everybody is just guessing. Knowledgeable guesses for sure, but still just guesses.

You cant pull a motor apart and say "this is screwed because of the type of oil he ran" unless the motor was in a controlled environment its whole life.

Way to many variables to pinpoint oil as the cause.

Ya...Oil here is like talking about religion or politics 🙂🙂

Yeah, yeah, yeah... Please quit trying to stir another negative oil debate. It always goes the same way. Negative... :D

Thanks for stirring the pot again. I use it and always will, never a problem. Others may not agree, but I have to pay for any mechanical problems on my bike and am confident in mobile ones protection.

this has been beaten to death.let it go.

as far as the members of that other board go...............they dont know me and i dont know them.pretending other wise is pretty dumb.

have i ever steered any one wrong here?if so,i dont know about it.

Didn't you tell us to invest in VOR stock? 🙂

have i ever steered any one wrong here?if so,i dont know about it.

It still blows me away when guys try to make the argument that motorcycle-specific oils can't be justified because of the price. And this from dudes who have 5, 10, 20 grand invested in their machines.

The irony boggles the mind!

🙂

It still blows me away when guys try to make the argument that motorcycle-specific oils can't be justified because of the price. And this from dudes who have 5, 10, 20 grand invested in their machines.

The irony boggles the mind!

🙂

It isn't like mobile one is cheap. The last time bought some it was $6.30 a quart.

Yep...

It's almost as if there's some kind of subliminal reverse psychology at work, where if it's made specifically for motorcycles, then they refuse to 'conform' and use it.

Same thing with chain lube...

Think how often do you see guys dissing motorcycle-specific chain lube.

🙂🙂