Sign in to follow this  

Tightly spaced uphill Mtd trails whoops?

How do you ride through deep whoops in tight single track mountain trails. There are several tightly space deep whoops in single track uphill mountain trails here in Los Padres National Forest where I had to shift to first gear to get over them. 🙂

I just roll through them especially when they're along drops(say a few hundred feet) like the best singletrack up here.

Yeah I was surprised, I raced my first harescramble today and there were alot of sections that were like whoops. I just rolled them as fast as I could.

I got a question to add to this. I went up this single track southwest of Montrose, and got myself into trouble on this one hill. I was a little intimidated by the steepness, and fallen logs all over next to it, and 2 foot roots every 3 feet. I decided to grow some balls, and go up it, but halfway up the hill I hit a large root, popped the front end straight up, and had to take it sideways so that it didn't fall on top of me. I had to walk the bike down (That took a while), and make my own trail back to the truck. Can someone tell me how to avoid this next time?

If I absolutly have to I roll as fast as I can through them. Im good at whoops that are different sizes and spaces apart differently, so i can usually ride them mosly like normal whoop (a little differnt though). Sometimes I'll jump them too. Do them as doubles or tripples and then roll the next couple or something like that. That all works for me:thumbsup:

How do you ride through deep whoops in tight single track mountain trails. There are several tightly space deep whoops in single track uphill mountain trails here in Los Padres National Forest where I had to shift to first gear to get over them. :applause:

OMG - I know exactly which ones you are talking about. Tejon Trail has quite a few.

I just get on the gas and power through them. Once I hit the first two I usually find my rythym and float through them.