Sign in to follow this  

VOR longivity???...

I have 2 VOR 530 estart streetlegal bikes.....how many street miles can I expect to ride them before a topend rebuild is called for????....

I will be using them for mountain paved canyon riding....not racing, so they will be ridden in a mild to moderate fashion, and maintained exceptionally well (as are all my DAO "toys")....

Im asking so I can get a rough idea about the bike/engine life.....these bikes have the 2002 and 2003 530 estart engines with the bearing upgrades and pressure oil pumps (not the reed oil systems).....

thanks for any feedback

🙂

I have never seen or heard of a piston or cylinder wearing out from normal usage. VOR recommends checking the rod and main bearings every 30 hrs and the rings every year but I think you can keep track of ring seal by monitoring oil usage and bearings by checking crank free play on the ignition side. I would be more concerned with valve train wear than piston wear and that can be monitored by how many times valves have been adjusted. I would think 15-20K would be possible before seriously thinking of a teardown but regular maintenance will be your best go-by.

ALL of the failures I have seen are due to either poor maintenance or stupidity (bearing failures in 2002 excepted).

Its my understanding that the estart engined bikes ( with the forced oil pump) are designed to easily do dual sport and ralley style duties....

One thing for sure.....the VOR estart engines are truely smooth running, with very minial vibration ( much less than my TMs, Vertematis, and KTMs).....a sweet bike/motor for sure......... :applause: