Sign in to follow this  

Any new for 06 Dual Sports???

Now that the 06's are coming out has there been any word on a new model DS being made by anybody???

I am currently about to sell my CRF due to a lack of riding it,and I would like a bit more performance(motor and suspension) than my 01 DRZ 400S can give me,not to mention a little less weight!!

Is there any model out there that would suit my needs of being registerable in Canada and being fairly dirtworthy????

Is the DRZ S as good as it gets still?

When are the manufacturers gonna give me what I want,a lightweight,bairly street legal dirt bike?? 🙂

Dual Sport is such a small market compared to MX bikes the Manufactures don't bother.

Remember that the Big 4 out of Japan sell more ATVs than dirt bikes. The Dual Sport community doesn't even get a blip on the marketing radar.

If you have the bucks for a new bike don't wait for Japan to step up to the plate. Consider putting some MX grade suspesnion on the ol DRZ.

I'm in the same boat. I would like to upgrade from the '02 WR 426 I'm riding now but there's nothing from Japan that's dirt worthy and street legal in CA.

BMW is coming out with a new DS. I'm a big fan of the GS but not so much for dirt riding . I'm curious as to the weight of their new bike.

The Husqvarna TE610 with ebutton will be imported into the USA for the first time in a couple years. Its got some updated stuff on it.

50 state legal.

IMHO its the best dual sport on the market....IF you can go pizza over noodles.

www.husqvarnausa.com

I had the 400 E with aftermarket exhaust and modified suspension and it still was not great in the mountains(too heavy) but much better than stock.

Looking back I sure wish it could have been registerable for the street,same for the WR450.They would be so much fun.

There are some guys up here who get away with registering these and even the occasional CRF but I don't know how and they are not saying!!! 🙂

I'd buy a new WRF450 today,throw on a Baja kit and be happy if I knew for sure I could get it registered!!! 🙂

The KLR is all new for next year!!!

:D:D:D🙂🙂:D

Just thought I would give you a little laugh there...

. I would like to upgrade from the '02 WR 426 I'm riding now but there's nothing from Japan that's dirt worthy and street legal in CA.

Dan,

I've seen you ride,,,don't bother 🙂

LOL j/k

man 06's coming out and I'm on a 99.

Soon It's gunna be called old school

there were hints KTM would help, but it ain't looking good

Time to think of rebuilding the 'ol beesh 🙂

Hey, I am on a 99 too and I have no plans of seling it any time soon. I love my bike!!!

I am still interested in seeing this DS TE610 from the big "H".

Any idea how much US $ the husky will cost???

I read a rumor that Kawasaki might be putting the new parallel twin 650 motor that will be in the all new ER-6n street bike, in a new dual sport bike.

index.php?fSectionId=759&fArticleId=2608571

What about the gas gas 450? I believe it's fuel injected and has nice susp. I haven't read a test on it yet and I don't know where it will be legal either. Try a search on it.

Yes, Gas GAs makes a 450 EFI bike that is street legal and for 06 they have a 500cc EFI bike also.

262lbs (same as a dirt only DRZ)

450 or 500

EFI

Aluminum bars

Hydraulic clutch (lighten pull in the industry)

Aluminum exhaust

excellent suspension (Ohlins shock and choice of Ohlins or Marzoccki forks)

O Ring chain

theres a few guys with TE610 Husqvarnas on the Husky forum.

word has it they will be bringing in a limited number of '06's soon.

they will look like these pics-but without the funky roll chart things.

https://thumpertalk.com/forum/sh...06&parentpage=5

also check out www.husqvarna.it

theres a few guys with the 610 on the husky forum--the TE610 wins the dual sport shoot outs in europe--has for a few years now. the bike has been refined and has a great reputation. 2006 will see a suspension upgrade (50mm works type marzocchi forks, new plastic and some other stuff)...there wont be that many of them in the US market--most of the 610's are the new SM610 motard...at least parts are avail.

not sure what pricing will be but Husky has a plan to more or less give away bikes in the US market right now as they re-build their reputation.

if you are really into dual sport with emphasis on the dirt--then this 50 state legal bike is one to consider...especially if you are a big boy!

I looked at a hardly used 02 Gas Gas 400,but did not buy it.

This bike was practically brand new but the main reason I did not take it was that it was a horrible starter,hot or cold,even with a new battery.

Not to mention it would take an act of God to start it with the kickstart.Even a local guy who's owned several 400-450 Gas Gas's cannot figure out why this bike was such a hard starter,his started better.

The power of the 400 was not what I would I call exciting either,but that's compared to my CRF.

I looked into an 05 Gas Gas 450FSE and the price was :applause::eek:🙂 .

$10500 Canadian plus tax is a big pill to swallow,for that price I might as well keep the 2 bikes I have now!!!

I really like the new Husky's and their price is actually pretty reasonable as compared to the KTM's,I'd be more than happy if Husky came out with a serious DS!!!

Please Please!!!

Yes, the 02 Gas Gas 400's had more problems than just the starters. While my 04 450 starts better (still and act of god to kick) it looks like they finally got the starter issues worked out in the 05's.

$10,500!! good god. Maybe try a Husaberg, lightest, most powerful 4 stroke and the importer for North American is in Canada.

There are some guys up here who get away with registering these and even the occasional CRF but I don't know how and they are not saying!!! :applause:

I'd buy a new WRF450 today,throw on a Baja kit and be happy if I knew for sure I could get it registered!!! :eek:

I'm not sure how they do it there, but in Oregon, alls you is bring in your title and tell them you want to plate it, having it street legal is up to you 🙂

Heard a rumor form a KTM dealer that they are comming out with an all new 650 single...who knows, just what I heard.