Sign in to follow this  

What is the "preferred" triple clamp offset for the 05 KTM 450 SMR?

Looking to purchase a set of aftermaket triples for my 05 KTM 450 SMR.

What is the preferred offset for supermoto/road race application. I noticed a lot of guys are running the MX-Tech triples...

18mm are really good on the ktm bikes... you should already have 18-20mm clamps on your bike, make sure they are set on 18mm.... 🙂

Yes the bikes come with an adjustable set of triple clamps , they come set at 20mm so you will have to rotate the stem around and set them to 18mm which is a very good setting. But some of the guys are running 14mm offsets and even lower! 🙂 18mm should be just fine but if you like you can take your bike down to RaceTech and they will put your bike on a gig measure it an figure out the right settings for you , because it's not just offset, it's trailling , suspension , rider weight and most important riding skill level! :eek: Tell Randy that Dante from Threebros sent you , he;ll take care of you. RaceTech are the guys who set up Micky Dymond's and Darrel Adkin's KTM's when it comes to all that and we at ThreeBrothers help them out on any other need that they might have on there bikes. :applause: Keep an eye out on them at the next AMA race and both of them will be doing the X game race too! 😛

The 14mm off set are awesome for Supermoto, I bought these and if I could I would go even a little less again around 10-12mm. The clamps help get rid of chatter by increasing trail. After suspension this would be first on my list.

The 14mm clamps are in the KTM hard parts catalog. Check out www.ktmusa.com.

Now, the real question: who makes ktm triples with even less offset? I love the 14's, but less has got to be even better for the smaller tracks.

There are some 12mm off set clamps I found in Europe but I have seen some adjustable ones that go from 8 to 14mm as well , unsure who or where they come from.

The link in europe is

http://www.rs-racing.de/onlineshop.htm

It is all in German but pretty easy to work out