Sign in to follow this  

Where is everyone????

Pretty quite around here lately??............whats everyone doing 🙂🙂

I was wondering the same thing!!! Kev&John how was your weekend???

I hope some of you guys did some riding this weekend. none for me...

🙂🙂:D:D:D:D:D:worthy:

Yea I took the kids to a very small area about 20 miles west of Des Moines. I tell you what being next to the river and as hot and humid as it has been there were skeeters with hands the size of a racoons!! We ended up parking the bikes and having a huge mud fight.. Then splashed in the river (w/o bikes) to clean up needless to say when we got home mom was very displeased.. 🙂

Didja break anything????

No riding for kevdude 🙂🙂 just cleaning :D:D

I cleaned to... Ummm nope nuttin broke seems like the only bike I am capable of breaking is an XR 400 I think they are made of glass

Just got back from Chadwick, we spent the last eight days there. It was great, no rain, the temperature was in the mid 80's all week.

Saturday: Kevin & I took the kids for a ride while the wives went shopping. We rode the easy trails as this was my daughter's first time to ride a motorcycle. Previously she had a four-wheeler which she was able to ride most of the trails at Chadwick. It wasn't long before her first wipe out 🙂 . She was riding in the center of the trail and the front tire washed out, crash. This was a very long ride with several more wipe outs and tip overs.

Sunday: No riding, we went to the Exotic Animal Paradise, Fantastic Caverns and Lambert's for dinner.

Monday: Kevin & I took the kids riding again while the wives went shopping. My daughter did much better, had only 1 wipe out, but it was a good one, if there is such a thing. She was coming up a real rocky section on trail 105, popped the front tire up to go over the rock ledge, which was was about 10 inches tall. The rear tire rolled over the ledge and left her straight in line with an evergreen tree, which she proceeded to hit with full throttle. Thank God she wasn't hurt, only had a scratch on her cheek. 🙂

Tuesday: We went for a morning ride with no crashes!! In the afternoon we went to Bass Pro. When we returned to camp, we received a visit from one of the park rangers. He was letting all of the campers know that there had been some sitings of a black bear. He also stated, that the bear had got into the back of someone's truck over at Camp Ridge, but there had been no sitings of the bear in Cobb Ridge, which is where we camped.

Wednesday: Went to Branson to see a show, no riding.

Thursday: We had a plan, it was time to ride some of the more difficult trails and then we would take the kids on easier ride in the afternoon. We started off riding 132A to 113 along Strawberry Ridge. When we got to the bottom of the rock ledges on 113 we took a break. This is when we noticed that my son's DRZ 400 was leaking antifreeze. We waited for the bike to cool, removed the radiator cap, no fluid. We then towed the bike back to camp and found that he had cracked the waterpump cover. The wives were shopping, so we had them pick up some JB weld to try and get by the rest of the trip. We took an evening ride with the kids to Stump Springs, which is a difficult hill. My daughter and Kevin's son who is 8 both rode their bikes up Stump Springs, there were some proud dads at the end of this ride. The camp host stopped us as we were returning from the ride to let us know that the bear had been seen in our area. When we got back to camp, we looked for signs that the bear had been there, we found none. We set around the campfire drinking, talking, drinking, and occasionally using the spotlight to look into the woods. We didn't see anything.

Friday: We went for a quick morning ride and then took the kids trout fishing at Rainbow Run that afternoon. It is like fishing in a barrel, you are guaranteed to catch fish, great for the kids. We got back to camp at about 5:00 PM. The smaller children started to wash the bikes as we would be heading home in the morning. Michelle (Kevin's wife) and I started cooking the fish at the picnic table, I looked up to say something to Kevin and my son who were sitting in chairs facing the picnic table. Behind them, about 20 yards, was the bear :D . We sent the kids to one of the trailers, then Kevin, Michelle, Vance (my son) & I scared the bear off while my wife was taking pictures of the bear. The bear ran off, and we finished dinner. After dinner we cleaned up the camp, took all of the trash to the dumpster hoping this would keep the bear from returning. We sat inside the trailer to enjoy beverages and conversation instead of around a campfire.

Saturday: We started to break camp. After we took down the tarps we sat at the picnic table to rest for awhile and have a cold drink. Vance looked up, and there was the bear again :D , this time within about 10 yards of us. We scared the bear off again, called the sheriff, and proceeded to warn all of the other campers in the area. The sheriff arrived about 30 minutes later, while we were talking to the sheriff another camper drove into our campsite stating the bear was now in their campsite. The sheriff then followed the other camper and we finished breaking camp. We heard a few shots while finishing breaking camp, not sure if this was to kill the bear or just scare the bear off.

Pretty quite around here lately??............whats everyone doing 🙂🙂

I bet they're on some other website posting about us behind our backs!

alright girls....quick question...dont wanna make my own thread so ill highjack this gem for a bit... 🙂 ...i got a guy that wants to ride BC with me...rides a quad...thats problem numero uno....but anyways he wants to ride there but ive heard quads have to have some safety course bs?.....any light on this?.....kindve am scraping for a riding buddy....and he just might be it 🙂

Just got back from Chadwick, we spent the last eight days there. It was great, no rain, the temperature was in the mid 80's all week.

Saturday: Kevin & I took the kids for a ride while the wives went shopping. We rode the easy trails as this was my daughter's first time to ride a motorcycle. Previously she had a four-wheeler which she was able to ride most of the trails at Chadwick. It wasn't long before her first wipe out 🙂 . She was riding in the center of the trail and the front tire washed out, crash. This was a very long ride with several more wipe outs and tip overs.

Sunday: No riding, we went to the Exotic Animal Paradise, Fantastic Caverns and Lambert's for dinner.

Monday: Kevin & I took the kids riding again while the wives went shopping. My daughter did much better, had only 1 wipe out, but it was a good one, if there is such a thing. She was coming up a real rocky section on trail 105, popped the front tire up to go over the rock ledge, which was was about 10 inches tall. The rear tire rolled over the ledge and left her straight in line with an evergreen tree, which she proceeded to hit with full throttle. Thank God she wasn't hurt, only had a scratch on her cheek. 🙂

Tuesday: We went for a morning ride with no crashes!! In the afternoon we went to Bass Pro. When we returned to camp, we received a visit from one of the park rangers. He was letting all of the campers know that there had been some sitings of a black bear. He also stated, that the bear had got into the back of someone's truck over at Camp Ridge, but there had been no sitings of the bear in Cobb Ridge, which is where we camped.

Wednesday: Went to Branson to see a show, no riding.

Thursday: We had a plan, it was time to ride some of the more difficult trails and then we would take the kids on easier ride in the afternoon. We started off riding 132A to 113 along Strawberry Ridge. When we got to the bottom of the rock ledges on 113 we took a break. This is when we noticed that my son's DRZ 400 was leaking antifreeze. We waited for the bike to cool, removed the radiator cap, no fluid. We then towed the bike back to camp and found that he had cracked the waterpump cover. The wives were shopping, so we had them pick up some JB weld to try and get by the rest of the trip. We took an evening ride with the kids to Stump Springs, which is a difficult hill. My daughter and Kevin's son who is 8 both rode their bikes up Stump Springs, there were some proud dads at the end of this ride. The camp host stopped us as we were returning from the ride to let us know that the bear had been seen in our area. When we got back to camp, we looked for signs that the bear had been there, we found none. We set around the campfire drinking, talking, drinking, and occasionally using the spotlight to look into the woods. We didn't see anything.

Friday: We went for a quick morning ride and then took the kids trout fishing at Rainbow Run that afternoon. It is like fishing in a barrel, you are guaranteed to catch fish, great for the kids. We got back to camp at about 5:00 PM. The smaller children started to wash the bikes as we would be heading home in the morning. Michelle (Kevin's wife) and I started cooking the fish at the picnic table, I looked up to say something to Kevin and my son who were sitting in chairs facing the picnic table. Behind them, about 20 yards, was the bear :D . We sent the kids to one of the trailers, then Kevin, Michelle, Vance (my son) & I scared the bear off while my wife was taking pictures of the bear. The bear ran off, and we finished dinner. After dinner we cleaned up the camp, took all of the trash to the dumpster hoping this would keep the bear from returning. We sat inside the trailer to enjoy beverages and conversation instead of around a campfire.

Saturday: We started to break camp. After we took down the tarps we sat at the picnic table to rest for awhile and have a cold drink. Vance looked up, and there was the bear again :D , this time within about 10 yards of us. We scared the bear off again, called the sheriff, and proceeded to warn all of the other campers in the area. The sheriff arrived about 30 minutes later, while we were talking to the sheriff another camper drove into our campsite stating the bear was now in their campsite. The sheriff then followed the other camper and we finished breaking camp. We heard a few shots while finishing breaking camp, not sure if this was to kill the bear or just scare the bear off.

You suck I am jealous as hell!!!

alright girls....quick question...dont wanna make my own thread so ill highjack this gem for a bit... 🙂 ...i got a guy that wants to ride BC with me...rides a quad...thats problem numero uno....but anyways he wants to ride there but ive heard quads have to have some safety course bs?.....any light on this?.....kindve am scraping for a riding buddy....and he just might be it :D

I've never heard anything like that, I thought you only had to have the DNR sticker. But hey, if it keeps quads away, let's go with what you heard. 🙂

haha yeah im not really to hot to take him....but i dont have any other options my other bike buddie is trying to get registered...maybe well get to go this weekend

🙂😛

Baja will be your buddy :applause:

No dude lwt us know when you wanna ride there is usually someone that can go..

Where's Clint?????

I bet he got mad and gave his bike away to some 5 year old riding the horsie go round in front of K Mart!! :eek:

MW, yes you suck.........glad ya had a good time :applause:

Hey Baja, when the kansas boyz were at BC did they get a DNR sticker???