Sign in to follow this  

Notrth GA riding areas?

Hey all,I am new to North GA,I live in Fairmount and looking for places to ride close by.Rode at a plce in Eton but it only had a couple trails,I see bikes headed to Chatsworth area on 411 all the time,but not sure where they are going. I have heard there is a place in Dalton(trails). I ride trails mainly.Any help would be great. 🙂

georgiaoffroad.com they've got all the places in georgia. There are alot of places near you to ride.

Not sure what part of GA it is in--but Durhamtown is supposed to be good.

the best place to ride is off houston valley rd. called kay park.over 300 acres of trails for all levels and super nice,for all ages

In Chatsworth.....

Go to 52, road right in front of courthouse that heads to Fort mountain. Before you get to the mountain there is a road that runs across 52 (sorry don`t know the name) right after you cross the bridge.

Go right about 3-4 miles and you`ll see a very small sign for PEOPLES LAKE on the left. The road will turn to gravel, go about 3 miles on gravel road, you will have to turn left a ways up on the gravel road so watch for signs, there is a riding area there but kinda small but free.

Go left (on road that crosses 52) go to end of road. Across the the road to the left you will see a small sign for WINDY GAP. Go up gravel road a couple miles and you`ll see the parking area. Or go to red light on 411 in Eton and turn right and cross rail road tracks follow that road and it will split. stay left, a few miles later you will see sign for WINDY GAP. This is most likly where you see everyone going. Bigger and free

Go north on I75 get of exit 348 in Ringgold, go left on 151 for about 6-7 miles. You`ll see a church on right, rec center with ball fields on left. Turn left, this will take you over the moutain. After you get to the bottom of moutain take first road to the right, this will take you to HOUSTON VALLEY. Bigger but $5

Sorry i don`t remmember the names of the roads, but hope this will help. We are planning a ride for the 23rd at Houston valley, don`t know what time or even if i`ll get to go, but i can PM you the day before if you want me to.

Thanks David,that will help, and PM me mabe I can go.

In Chatsworth.....

Go to 52, road right in front of courthouse that heads to Fort mountain. Before you get to the mountain there is a road that runs across 52 (sorry don`t know the name) right after you cross the bridge.

Go right about 3-4 miles and you`ll see a very small sign for PEOPLES LAKE on the left. The road will turn to gravel, go about 3 miles on gravel road, you will have to turn left a ways up on the gravel road so watch for signs, there is a riding area there but kinda small but free.

Go left (on road that crosses 52) go to end of road. Across the the road to the left you will see a small sign for WINDY GAP. Go up gravel road a couple miles and you`ll see the parking area. Or go to red light on 411 in Eton and turn right and cross rail road tracks follow that road and it will split. stay left, a few miles later you will see sign for WINDY GAP. This is most likly where you see everyone going. Bigger and free

Go north on I75 get of exit 348 in Ringgold, go left on 151 for about 6-7 miles. You`ll see a church on right, rec center with ball fields on left. Turn left, this will take you over the moutain. After you get to the bottom of moutain take first road to the right, this will take you to HOUSTON VALLEY. Bigger but $5

Sorry i don`t remmember the names of the roads, but hope this will help. We are planning a ride for the 23rd at Houston valley, don`t know what time or even if i`ll get to go, but i can PM you the day before if you want me to.

When you turn right off of hwy 52 that road is Old Federal rd. south. Turn left that road is Holly creek Cool Springs rd.

We need to hook up & throw some rooste sometime, I'm just over from you in Armuchee above Rome. There's a group of us that ride somewhere just about every weekend. Houston Valley, Diamondback, The Ridge in Al. and Kentuck are just some examples of the excellent riding around here. There are a lot more here in N.Ga. that I haven't listed. Oh yeah, Prentice Cooper just above Chattanooga is awesome too. Give us a shout,

Hen

Is that #221 out there. Didn't I pass you on that muddy hill at Diamondback on that Husky 610? :applause::eek:🙂😛😛😛