Sign in to follow this  

Test Ride DRZ250

I've decided to start tweeking my wife's DRZ250 and rode it for the first time on some rocky jeep trails today. Is it just me or are the stock suspension settings harsh? That bike was a blast to ride but it beat the crap out of me. Where are most of you 250 guys set on your settings. When I got it for her I set the preload and left the settings at stock. I should have started this a long time ago. I think I'll back everything way off. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Everyone complains about these bikes being to soft. I had the same results you did. I just backed everything off 3-4 clicks and it was much better. I haven't touched it since. There are some places I had trouble making it up before and now it absorbs the bumps instead of bouncing over them. I don't do any big jumps and that is the only time it might be a problem if it's soft.

Slowindown, thanks for the input. I just got done rejetting for the altitude we live at. I followed the same rule I used for my 400E by reducing main about 10%. 115 main. Also, I chucked that metal screen thing I found in the intake boot. What is up with that thing. :applause: There's no way that thing can help the fuel-air flow. Between that and the huge weld bead I ground out of the header pipe, I think the engineers at Suzuki want to hold the 250 back. As soon as I get a chance I'll back the settings way off and test it again on the same road as before.