Sign in to follow this  

What do ya do when your 16 yr old daughter takes the bike and

clears a double without really meaning to........ No she doesn't race, never has. she has been riding for several years at this point but. I don't know if I should yell at her for not paying attention to the instructions about the throttle or slap her on the back and teach her how to do it on purpose next time............

She scared the hell out of herself, and because it was her very first ride on the 450. She decided that she was done for the day after that but talked about it all the way home.

When she told us I thought her mother was going to faint.

Still kinda proud of her though...she said she didn't land it like she could have....LOL

Race

clears a double without really meaning to........ No she doesn't race, never has. she has been riding for several years at this point but. I don't know if I should yell at her for not paying attention to the instructions about the throttle or slap her on the back and teach her how to do it on purpose next time............

She scared the hell out of herself, and because it was her very first ride on the 450. She decided that she was done for the day after that but talked about it all the way home.

Still kinda proud of her though...she said she didn't land it like she could have....LOL

Race

Be proud she did it....

AND thankfull she didnt get hurt

You go moto-girlie!

🙂

Cool, just make sure and teach her how to ride properlly if she is going to start riding like this. Or maybe a moto school would be a great idea! Also, the importance of all riding gear, especially chest protector for the ladies. Have fun keep the rubber side down!

The only time I'd worry is WHEN she passes me! 🙂 Give her some slack and let her roost. Don't push..........let her find her own speed and groove. Remember, riding is supposed to be fun. 🙂

The only time I'd worry is WHEN she passes me! :D Give her some slack and let her roost. Don't push..........let her find her own speed and groove. Remember, riding is supposed to be fun. 🙂

Good advice...A friend of mine did this with his son...the next thing he knew his kid after following dear old dad for three laps decided to go by...he threw a big ass brake check on pops, drove him way up the berm and off the course and checked out...He was 12 then...ever since watching those two guys on the course is pure entertainment. They look like Hannah and RJ hammering each other every corner... 🙂

Race

Total beauty racemile. Enjoy her adventursome fun nature, nurture it with a fast and appropriate bike like a CRF250 or CRF450, and coach the heck out of her to be sure she has the right riding tools. And don't push her too hard -- ride with her and have fun. Great stuff bud!