Sign in to follow this  

TheRapture ride report, new night track

Well, I returned to the same facility that I broke my leg and other stuff on 15 months ago...not the same track, we rode the new night track last night. Had a BLAST, dirt was good, and the track is all stepups and tabletops that are forgiving...good ruts in corners and challenging yet mostly safe design. A 250F with a half decent rider can make all the jumps from inside lines and I had an advantage in most of the corners, I could get on it good and close the gap on the 450's. I was feeling relatively good and the temps dropped into the 80's!!!! I rode 2 or 3 sessions then took a nice break while Loopout spun a few laps on my baby thumper. When he came in he got his helmet cam all ready for me to go out with. He had a new bag for it ala camelback style, that fit over my chest and back protector nicely. I asked him how much it all costs in case I smashed it :D

Anyway, I got out there and took a sighting lap, then got after it. I did 4 or 5 laps by myself then a buddy hooked up behind me and was applying some pressure, we went at it a few laps and I managed to get a little ground on him. At that point I let him by so I could get some cool vid of me chasing him. After a few more laps he stalled it in a corner and said he was whooped, his bike too quite a few kicks to start, then I said "hey before we go in let's hit the finish line jump and do a look over at each other".

So we did, I hit the inside line and he went outside, then we went over a fairly long right out of corner tabletop, at which point I looked to my left to get him into the camera frame...well he was a bit behind me so I had to really twist my head around to see him, then I don't remember anything else until I woke up with my face in the dirt...

Apparently I got crossed up or something, vertigo, etc., when I looked so far back and when I landed the downside it highsided me pretty hard. The guys that got to me first had to get the bike off of me, they said my eyes were rolled back in my head and I was moaning, and convulsing a bit. I think Loopout said my arms were jerking around... I had blood coming out of my mouth and nose as well...

I apparently took a pretty hard head hit, I was unconscious for several minutes and when I came to, I did not know where I was or what happened. Someone brought a chair over to sit on, and then the paramedics showed up. They initially wanted to take me in but by that point I was getting my wits and after answering some questions about day, who, where, and who was the president, they thought I was going to be OK and I told them I did not want to go. My back is an incredible sore mass of flesh, but no broken bones or even visible bruises back there...glad I had my protector on! I have some good scrapes on my arm and my shoulder took an impact as well. The blood came from my tongue because somehow I bit into it pretty hard, whether in the impact or from the convulsing. It is swollen up like a balloon too hehe. My nose feels cracked or something and is pretty sore too. The helmet strap left a nice mark under my chin and my jaw is very sore too. My back is the worst though, VERY VERY sore around the upper area and shoulder blades. I had a pretty nasty headache most of today but that is fading now and I am feeling quite a bit better.

My flexx bars took a pretty good hit, from the little I saw it seems they are OK but the bar mounts got jacked...something hit me in the back hard though, I think the bike tackled me after I highsided.

Good news, I did not break the camera and it filmed the entire thing even when I was laying out on the ground 🙂 I will have some video later in the week for us to view.....Loopout is making a dvd of the entire session for me as well...

I am good to go as soon as the soreness fades a bit and I fix the bike... 🙂

Good to hear you didn't get seriously hurt again. 🙂

You're real lucky not to break your collarbone by the sounds of the crash.

Looking forward to see the video.popcorn.gif

Yikes! I've had enough head injuries for all of us, so be careful! Maybe you should avoid 'Crossbones Creek' from now on! 🙂

VERY glad you are ok, and take it easy for a while until your head is good and clear, and that means until your wife/friends say it is, not when you think it is, I know how that works.

Looking forward to coming to see you when you are back at 'em again, I can't wait to ride VP on my bike now. Until then, get some rest buddy.

B

The tongue is going to be so sore you won't be able to eat for a week. 🙂

Just reviewed the tape on the big screen tv... got 17 min of good footage then the big crash... my wifes words were "Holy Shnit"....

helmet cam survived thanks to its metal casing... Camcorder appears to be ok... some reason the tape kept filming but lost sound... have to look into that... I am having my Fox helmet bronzed for Keith ( going cheap with Krylon hehe) ..

I guess tomorrow I will start the dvd burning process.. pick up your copy for $2.99 + shipping :D ,, Just a preview of the "Eyes Roosted Shut" dvd we are making.. Already getting a nice Crash n Burn section going 1st day out filming 🙂🙂

I guess keith wanted me to stop riding his 250f so he smashed it up.. but boy is that lil bike fun.. funny i was overjumping jumps on it that I just clear on my 450... Very very tempting to pick one up...

Brandon that new CCMX night track is nice.. We are all gonna have to meet up one sat & tear it up!

sounds like you got lucky , that could have been a lu lu , I would make sure your head is 100 % before twisting it again , the last time I knocked my self out it took 3 or 4 weeks before I could move my head around with out getting dizzy

hopefully tonight I can muster up the energy to burn the dvd... :applause:

last night I was to busy with mx vs atv unleashed... I think I copied your crash a few times in that game :eek:🙂

hopefully tonight I can muster up the energy to burn the dvd... :eek:

last night I was to busy with mx vs atv unleashed... I think I copied your crash a few times in that game 🙂😛

Ooops...poor computer generated rider.

I had an x-ray today to be sure since the pain was so...intense...all good, nothing broken, doc said a bruised disk between L1 and L2. If I bend forward the pain is mostly gone, since the vertebrae open up a bit and take the pressure off. :applause:

I should be good to go saturday....

Me want dvd bad 😛

Star Wars was not edited overnight.... these things take time, $$, beer, etc .. you come change my air filter while I make the video.....

But in the mean time Keith here is a lil thought for you....

y8081.gif

holy mother of god,---dam rap im glad you did not get screwed again !!

can't wait to see the film, this outa be kool!! :applause:

holy mother of god,---dam rap im glad you did not get screwed again !!

can't wait to see the film, this outa be kool!! :eek:

I wonder what the crash part looks like from the helmet cam...prob a bunch of sky/dirt/sky/dirt.... :applause:

Keith.. just finished burning the DVD.... I am emailing you a short clip of the crash... I tried to post it to the TON site but it went wacko... Maybe you can get it loaded to your site... its short & mpeg format...

Looking at the crash again... you landed straight but bounced a bit then on the landing from that things got bad....

Glad to see your ok.Whats with you and sampling the dirt there? :applause:

Glad to see your ok.Whats with you and sampling the dirt there? :eek:

BAD KARMA? Heh, I will break the bad luck...it happened right at about the last ride of the evening too...I was too busy thinking of the helmet cam shot than what I was doing I think, it was a silly crash... :applause:

I haven't been on this site in quite a while but I came here today to say hi to my old buddy Keith and I find this thread - Keith, I hope you are OK and on the mend.

BTW, your site still set up on my server. Not sure if you use it any more or not.

As for me, I haven't been riding as much. I'm getting kind of burned out on racing. Too much driving, a whole day's committment, not a lot of laps even when racing 2 classes, tired of normally finishing midpack in B class, etc. It has come to a point where it's not fun to race so I figure why do it then? I still want to ride though and I have a GREAT BIKE. Anyone else get burned out on racing or riding ever?

Jas