Sign in to follow this  

Racin' at Diamondback

I just got through cleaning the bike up after another muddy Hare Scramble at Diamondback. I finished 3 laps and almost dumped it 50+ times, but never dropped it. The grass was slick, the hills were steep and slimy and the MX track was rutted and flooded between the doubles and some of the turns. I saw an MSR neck brace laying in the woods :D🙂 then the guy on a KTM in front of me lost his front fender :worthy: and I ran over it as it flew right in front of me. There were guys stuck in the deep ruts and mud.

I don't enjoy the mud as much as some of these guys, but I treat it as another obstacle, just like the roots, rocks, ruts, trees, etc. You take the good with the bad. :D

After the race I was talking to the 76 yr. old guy on a KTM 2-stroke :D:D😉:D that passed me in the woods. When we talked about the mud he said "It was Just Right" 🙂

It was so cool to mee a guy that old who is still running strong and having a good time.

This was round 4 of 10 and the next race is in 3 weeks, rain or shine and every 2 weeks after that. It is a challenge when it's wet, but it is a great 8-10 mile course when it's mostly dry. Grass trails, Steep woods trails, and a killer MX track with a lot of elevation to it and some monster bike swallowing whoops. They change it up every race, but basically use most of the same trails just mixed up a little. They have a mini-race after the bikes and an ATV race after that. Walt www.diamondbacksportscenter.com

:D

I seen that old guy 🙂 .I hope Im able to make it to the restroom when if I make it to 76. 🙂