Sign in to follow this  

What would you pay?

So their is a used 2004,CRF250R in my area. It supposedly has only 20 hrs on it and the guy is asking 4900 for it. Is this reasonable? Im thinking more like 4200.

Thanks,

Nate

Too high in my opinon....of course the area helps determine a price. I bought my 2004 model *cherry* for 4k and it came with an FMF Ti 4 Powerbomb system....

And when I say cherry, it was like brand new... 🙂

Yea, but you guys don't live in California. $4900 is still to high though, I think $4100-$4300 is fair depending on condition/mods.

$4900 is way too high for a 2004. IMO, $4900 is too much for a used 05. The bike would have to be in great shape, meticulously maintained, and some good extras for me to pay $4000. If the bike was really set up nice with some expensive extras like wheels, triple clamps, and a pipe I might pay up to 4300.

The local shop got some new '04's in and is selling them for $4995. For a used '04, assuming it's clean it should be in the high 3's.

Mark

I just picked up an 05 with Applied triple clamps,fat bars, boyesen wp and quick shot, a moose skid plate, asv levers and its like brand new for $4600. There is an 04 at the dealer up the road for $4200 and its in showroom condition. If you wait about a month when the 06's start coming out they will be willing to deal a little more.

&%$#@! where in cali do u live i have an 04 for sale at 4000 with a ton of extras if you want more info p.m. me

In norcal, it seems that on most of the classifieds guys are asking around $4400.

4200-4500 is the average price for a used bike with around 10 hrs here in Northern Nevada.

Agreed 4900.00 is way high. I paid for a like new one last year 3900.00

I just got my 04crf250 with about 40 hours on it.. with some aftermarket parts on it... for 3300

New--2005 CRF250R are $4900 out the door here.

where do u live i bought my 05 with like no time at all on it for 4900. Here in nevada most dealers want around 6800-7200 out the door. i guess there is greater demand here because everyone rides or the dealers are crooks like they always are.

where do u live i bought my 05 with like no time at all on it for 4900. Here in nevada most dealers want around 6800-7200 out the door. i guess there is greater demand here because everyone rides or the dealers are crooks like they always are.

That is very strange, I need to know where your buying your bikes from. For instance, I was shopping at National Cycle Parts the other day and they had a brand-new CRF450X listed as $6,600 otd. Your telling me your dealer wants $7k for a 250F? There is no way, that is complete robbery.

That is very strange, I need to know where your buying your bikes from. For instance, I was shopping at National Cycle Parts the other day and they had a brand-new CRF450X listed as $6,600 otd. Your telling me your dealer wants $7k for a 250F? There is no way, that is complete robbery.

yep, i went to the dealer yesterday to check out stuff. brand new CRF250R out the door was $7,204 or something like that. name of the place is BVH and i think there website is www.bigvalleymotorsports.com or www.bvh.com its one of those. yep its not about the customer, its about the buck. :applause: