Sign in to follow this  

Kenda K777 & K778

Is any one trying one or both of these tires? Where can you get them and how much? TIA Mark

MCHO,

I just replaced the Deathwings on my KLX.

Kenda 760 on the rear and Kenda 777 on the front.

My only ride was the road on the way home from the dealership (about 50km) with a really short stint offroad. They are super squirmy on the pavement but that's to be expected when brand new.

Went a short distance on a curvy gravel road and they pretty nervous there as well. The offroad portion was partly gravel path with shallow ruts in it and they were scary at high speed. Seemed to float and drift around in the ruts. I am sure this is all due to them being brand new and they will improve once worn.

The other part off road was soft dirt over a hard base. They stuck like shit to a shoe in the dirt. I would never have considered pushing the front that hard with the stock tires but no problem with the 777.

The price here in Canada was about $45.

Thanks for the reply. Let us know how they work after you get some more miles on them. I have not found any here in the U.S.A. yet. Thanks.

Mark

MCHO,

Don't know if you will ever see this reply but I have been really happy with the Kenda 777F in the last few months. One of my complaints when they were new was too much wandering and following small ridges. Seems taht this has disappeared as they wore in. They are even reasonable on the road. I have ridden them in soft dirt, Sand and hard gravel and they have been great. I would certainly recommend if you can find them in the US.

Thanks for the reply. I will keep my eyes open for some of them if they start to sell them here in the USA. I am using 606'S now. They are not too bad in the dirt or on the road. Thanks Mark