Sign in to follow this  

Devol radiator guards - Report

Well if I'm reporting about radiator GUARDS, it can only mean one or two things. Either they were really good, or really bad?

Can you guess?

Yup, they were horrible. Now I'm not putting down Devol, because they do make some great stuff. But I took a tumble, literally a TUMBLE, and completely crushed the guard.

But hey, they are a RADIATOR GUARD and my RADIATOR is fine, so maybe they surved their purpose?

I can only imagine if I actually took a real fall, what might have happened.

Anyways, I was just giving my opinion, and if anyone's had a better experience, best of luck to you!

My devol guards have took serious punishment. And they are fine. The only spill that bent them a little bit was a 4th gear swap down a whooped out straightaway that resulted in bent fatbars, bent subbframe and broken levers but other than that id definetly buy them again

i bent the radiators on my yz125 a little bit and i was wondering of some good guards to get.. is worksconnection stuff anybetter 🙂

I've flamed you many times, and I'm going to do it again. First of all, this is a CRF250R forum, not a YZ125 forum. It's also not a general maitnence forum either.

And just so I don't have to go into anymore detail, this post was a "report" on the Devol guards, not a "which guards to buy"

Watch your posts, please.

I had Devol guards on my 450 and I was always bending them back because they were so weak. I even had a bent radiator from them.

The Flatlands I have on my 250 have taken some severe punishment and my rads are still perfectly straight. :applause:

My Devol guards are still perfect after and accident I had. I guess it depends on what kind of fall you have and what you land on... :applause:

Mine was a slow tumble on flat ground, my front tire just washed out...Devol is sending me a new brace! I just have to pay shipping. :applause: