Sign in to follow this  

Couple hundred dollar day

Man I'm sick. Went out for a trail ride with the old lady today. She's kinda new to riding so I took my fifty so she wouldn't be playing catch-up all day. A couple miles into it I jumped off the top of a hill and landed on a rock about the size of my helmet. Ripped the metal almost the whole way around the weld on my BBR skid plate. Kinda bummed but I thought oh well, got three good years out of it and kept chuggin along. A few more miles go by and I notice that It's starting to break up on top, but I was in a lot of mud and water so I just thought something got wet. Started to avoid the puddles, figured it would dry out but it kept getting worse. I got home and started looking around and noticed oil leaking out of the bottom of my flywheel cover. Pulled it off and found out that my inner rotor kit was covered in oil and metal shavings. The bolts holding the pick-up came loose and both it and the rotor are all chewed to hell. Anyone know if I can buy these parts seperate? Who has them?

Thanks for the info. I bought it about 3 years ago off of a guy on ebay and can honestly say that it's one of the best things I've done to my bike. It was the first thing I added to the engine besides ditching the stock filter and jetting.

Ya I planned on swapping out anything that would wear or is starting to show signs of wear. The rotor itself is a bit scratched up but doesn't have any gouges or deep grooves in it. Don't know if I can get away with just cleaning it up with some emery cloth or if it needs to be replaced. What do you guys think? I just saw what one of the pullers cost and damn near fell outta my chair! Guess I'll be making my own.