Hey Jeepers (Bronco 78?) need info

I just drove the new "prospective" Jeep wrangler sport 26 miles offroad through my hunting route. WOW!! They put some serious $$$ into the suspension; it rides like a Caddy over washboard roads. :D Amazing

3 things I need to know:

1) What to offer the guy (Kelly Bluebook site is useless. Where's NADA site?)

2) What is the best Jeep website for tips on this and that.

3) Is there a serious problem with the 2001 Wrangler Sport that I should be aware of?

4) What is the best and most reliable winch setup? (I do not mind installing a twin battery setup. Would take me 2 hours)

The vehicle has one drawback. Some idiot put 2 cans of dust-brown paint inside it and forgot they were there. They hit a bump and 1/6 of the interior got slathered with tan paint. I'll need new seat covers, and one new seatbelt.

The stereo and CD player would deafen even me, and I'm nearly deaf. :D?:D

The A/C could refridgerate raw meat, too. It was hot as hell, and we had to leave it on the lowest setting after 10 minutes. :D

Has 15,150 miles. The outside is flawless, removable hardtop, 4.0 straight six, looks new as hell.

Kelly blue book puts it a $11,700.00, but the paint removal on the inside is gonna run me a grand, easily.

Thoughts? ?

2BB, I'd offer him 9,500, in cash if you can get it. Usually you can give people a lowball number in cash and they'll take it. I think the large amount of green makes them anxious.

I can't help you with the other questions.

What is their asking price? If you get it for that much it would be a steal, considering the low miles and how new it is, but it can't hurt to try. Check some online ads for an idea what something similar might go for in your area.

If you're planning on getting a winch, check out a Warn 8274. Pretty hardcore following in the off-road world. Design has been around forever with some updates over the years like the higher HP motor on the newer ones. Strong, reliable, and still one of the fastest line speeds out there.

I'd get a used 4-Runner over that Jeep. It will cost you more but it will last way longer and go anywhere that thing will. Plus, it won't leave you stranded.

4-runner is WAY too long for the spots I gotta go. Was the first thing I wanted, but all the hunting guides screamed NO!! :applause: You'll die up there!" Second thing I wanted was a military HUMV, but the wife said "Not at my house, MISTER!"

It has to be able to turn in some insanely tight spots, and there are 3,000,000 acessories for hunting with a Jeep. I'm new enough to listen to the old pros. Jeep or forget it.

What is their asking price? If you get it for that much it would be a steal, considering the low miles and how new it is, but it can't hurt to try. Check some online ads for an idea what something similar might go for in your area.

If you're planning on getting a winch, check out a Warn 8274. Pretty hardcore following in the off-road world. Design has been around forever with some updates over the years like the higher HP motor on the newer ones. Strong, reliable, and still one of the fastest line speeds out there.

Thanks. And as far as I know it is the only Jeep here built since the Kennedy Administration. 422 people, rememeber? I feel like Bill Gates on my street. :applause:

Thanks. And as far as I know it is the only Jeep here built since the Kennedy Administration. 422 people, rememeber? I feel like Bill Gates on my street. :applause:

I was right:

He was either going to give it away for a goodprice or think it was worth a million dollars. I offered 11. He countered with 21,000.

Whatever. This is why I got out of the car business.

Some people simply cannot be convinced that 99% of cars go DOWN in value.

I went to buy a '69 Impala back in 94 or so.. The guy had just ruined the car with a 300-dollar Earl Schied paint job. It was going to cost me a grand to get it taken off (they painted the HUBCAPS!!!) It was worn out, and did not run. Wanted 12,000 for it. Whatever.

I have been around Jeeps my whole life with my current Jeep being a 69 CJ5. It is pretty well built up, but in my oppinion you really can't beat the TJ Wrangler. It is probably the best rig to work with because there is so much aftermarket support. I have ridden in several and I can't say enough about the suspension. The coil springs help the axels articulate much better than leaf springs and IFS. The 4.0L is also a great motor with plenty of power for a vehicle that size. Go for it, you won;t regret it!

1) What to offer the guy (Kelly Bluebook site is useless. Where's NADA site?)

2) What is the best Jeep website for tips on this and that.

3) Is there a serious problem with the 2001 Wrangler Sport that I should be aware of?

4) What is the best and most reliable winch setup? (I do not mind installing a twin battery setup. Would take me 2 hours)

1. We need more details...

a. Does it have the Dana44 rear axle?

b. 5 speed or 3 speed automatic.

c. Lifted? Aftermarket accessories? It shouldn't factor into the price, except maybe a cheaper price since you don't/won't want a vehicle that has been wheeled.

2. www.jeepsunlimited.com

3. a. Recall to install an intake manifold shield. I forget what year it's for. I know the 2000's had it. (Minor)

3. b. NV3550 5speed had some sticking issues. (Minor)

4. Get an electric winch and not hydraulic. Single battery should be fine (probably a better battery). Get at least an 8000lb Warn. 8274 is an awesome winch, but it's heavy.

Overall the 6cyl is a reliable engine. Not the most thrifty, but very good. Lastly, find one with a D44 rear. They come standard with a D35. If you stay with 31's or less, you should be fine with the D35. You can also offer a lesser price if it had the D35.

:applause: 21 grand for a '01 Jeep? You can get a new one for that, he must have thought it was gold plated.

He was on smack. He wanted 21 grand FIRM.

"I said, "For that I can go get a Rubicon that needs NOTHING to go across the USA offroad (a couple just did it. Went from Mexico to Canada without touching pavement in a Rubicon).

So he said, "So go get a damned Rubicon, then Dani!"

So we did. Today. See my T.S. post.

It's a 2004, but here is a 2003 writeup that gives you an overview.

It's a silver automatic with everthang!http://www.rockcrawler.com/reviews/jeep/wrangler_2003_rubicon_preview/index.asp