Why Yz400f, and not 500

Not to change the subject here, But I rode a CR500 the other day & Shiite it was fast, I was just thinking that yamaha should build a YZ400 2 stroke... It would be faster than the four stroke/Lighter than the fourstroke/Cheaper to fix than the four banger & I also hear that there is some crazy NEW technology that allows 2 strokes to run cleaner ? Hmmmmm.

and what class would that run in buddy

thats why they quit making the 500s, there wasn't a real class for them.. they had the "open class" but it didnt last very long i believe.. dont' get me wrong, id LOVE to see them bring back the 500 smokers and modernize them.. that service honda cr500 looked SICK.. even if it was a honda ?

What class is my KTM 300 EXC running in? KTM sells every single one they make. What about the KTM 525, Husky 510, XR650R, etc. There's plenty of people out there who aren't buying bikes just to race.

A 500cc 2-stroke will stomp the living $hit out of a 450cc 4-stroke.

thats why they quit making the 500s, there wasn't a real class for them.. they had the "open class" but it didnt last very long i believe..

Showing your age there junior

:eek:?

The 500 class lasted about oh........40-50 years.

It's ok, you can go remove your foot from your mouth now. :applause:

im sure that 450's will eventually make their way up to the 500cc mark. It started with a yzf400 back a few years ago, then a yzf426, then honda had to outdo them with a crf450r. so im sure somebody will produce a 500f in the near future. which will pretty much phase out the 250 2 stroke unless they beef them up a little

just my thoughts

I don't believe I want to try and hold on to a 500cc 2-smoke! did they build these 490's and 500's under 300lbs? Crap that's alot of bike!

I remember my first bike was a 76 IT400, ran about like a 200, i didn't know anything about bikes then, just knew I wanted one and it was for sale, rode the crap out of it when it would start, didn't want to drop it, weighed a damn ton!!!..aaaahhh memories.