Sign in to follow this  

90' rm250 vs 660r

cant find any other website to post this so i'll do it here... My friend has a 90' rm 250 well its really a rmx ,but hes trying to convert it. and i have a 05' 660 which is faster in accel and top end please help!!?

tTr_125, I have an 89 RMX 250 and I had a hard time staying with a 2003 or 2004 Honda 400ex. I don't recall the exact year of the quad.

My friend and I have been riding for about the same time and we consider ourselves equal riders. I would say the Raptor will take the RMX in the long run.

Just my .02

Junior

ok thanks.. well he says that his rmx will out run the yfz450(4-wheeler) and the yz450f(dirtbike) ,but im a little skeptical now..

It all depends on the "race". I am sure each can/will win when the race suits their use.

The RMX is a woods bike, not an MX bike. Although, I converted mine into an MX bike that can handle the woods still.

Junior

p.s. if your friend wants more power out of his RMX, there is a trick that he can do to the power valve(I believe that is it. Had someone do it to my bike for me). This will make the motor more like the RM.

ok thanks.. well he says that his rmx will out run the yfz450(4-wheeler) and the yz450f(dirtbike) ,but im a little skeptical now..

That dude is on CRACK.

yz450 (dirtbike) will own a 90 RMX :applause:

yeah well he insists that it will out run the almighty yzf450 ,but i know thats crap.. i just wanted to know if and and how bad hed beet my 660 raptor. I cant exactly get it out and race him..Last time i ran him on my ttr125 (lmao) and the cops got us.. any way even in that race he was 4th pinned and he didnt walk away from me tht bad.. Now i wonder if my ttr will outrun a 300ex. srtaight line only

I've heard the yz450 quads takes the raptors down pretty bad. But I haven't pers. seen that.

yea its pretty true .. ive ran a yfz 450 up my uncles in Penn. he walked away from me pretty bad but i think if it was a longer drag i woulda caught up a lil bit

rmx is more enduro with lights and its geared differant than a rm250 i think as to where a rm is motocross